Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Typical Conversation

In the car this morning, on the way school.

"Little Man, I've noticed that you're always starving when I pick you up from school in the afternoon. So you end up filling up on a snack in the car and then you're not hungry for dinner. Would you like me to start sending you with a lunch box afternoon snack so that you have something else to eat in class besides the goldfish crackers they give you?

- I'd like that, I'm always hungry.

- Well, that's because you play a lot of sports at school and it's a long time before lunch and dinner.

- So what's in my lunchbox for snack today?

(pause)

- Uhm, well, I don't have one for you today, since we just decided this now...

- What? You forgot my lunchbox with my snack? I can't believe you forgot it!"

Of course, this is the same kid who tells me all the time "remember how you kept hitting cars every day?" And because I fell down on Saturday while carrying his brother (no one got hurt, thanks to my quick thinking being used to always falling down), he keeps saying "be careful when you hold my brother, because you're always dropping him."

It's like living with my mother.

Love,

Catwoman.

6 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Haha! Saoirse does stuff like that too. "Remember last year when you dropped my book in water?" Damn kids, they are very mother like.

Haphazardkat said...

My kid could make a Jewish mother feel guilty.

Betsy Mae said...

cute!

Burgh Baby said...

Stop it with the having conversations with my kid thing! I swear Alexis acts like she hasn't eaten in days every single time I pick her up from school, but then doesn't manage to eat dinner. Same conversation. All the time. Crazy.

BabyonBored said...

I live that with Elby every day. "Mommy, put your seatbelt on!" before I've even turned the ignition. "that's not safe!" Okaaaay Elby. I knoooow. I feel like a teenager again.

University of Texas said...

Thank you for this post, we are a online dating website blog network, which college students read our blog, so thanks and well post this article on our blog. Jennifer @ University of Syracuse