Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Doing Everything That a Spider Can

A few weeks ago, Little Man decided that when he grew up, he wanted to be Spider-Man.

I have no idea where this came from. Kid's never seen the show, kid no longer watches any TV really, and the once a month he'll ask for something, it's a recorded show from a network with no advertising. And yet, there it was, someone at school must have preached the greatness of Spider-Man, and now my kid's decided that putting on some weird costume and flying from building to building taking out bad guys is a fantastic career path.

I told him that superhero as a career choice wouldn't pay the bills, and that he'd need a day job. Little Man settled on police officer by day, Spiderman by night. Not exactly the most family friendly path, because exactly when will he handle midnight feedings if he's out wrestling with the Green Goblin? But whatever, I'm not his wife and until she sets her foot down, I'm not interested in crushing his dreams.

We're currently in Ottawa visiting my parents, and Little Man accompanied my dad on a golfing excursion with some buddies of his, one of which is a cop. The cop asked Little Man what he wanted to be when he grew up, and Little Man gave him his usual answer of cop by day, Spider-Man by night. The cop told him that he was actually a cop as well, and Little Man's eyes lit up with excitement and he asked "And you're Spider-Man at night?"

"Nope," the cop replied. "At night, I sleep."

Little Man later told me that his grandpa's friends are extremely lazy.

Love,

Catwoman.

6 comments:

Haphazardkat said...

hahahahahaha!!!!! What a fantastic kid!

Betsy Mae said...

ha! funny. enjoy your visit back here in canada. what do you miss about ontario???? anything?

Burgh Baby said...

I think you will need to print this one out and frame it to hang in his room. When he's a teenager and refuses to get out of bed before noon, you'll be able to refer back to it and say, "What, now YOU'RE extremely lazy?"

Kellie said...

HA! Reason #320 I love your kid!!

squishytushy said...

OMG! I can only imagine what he'd say about ME!!!

Loukia said...

Haha! So cute... your children are adorable... I can't believe I met them in person! And you, too - so glad we finally met!!! Hope you had fun in Ottawa! xo