Monday, April 20, 2009

Secret Dreams Exposed

Last week, Little Man's school had a Scholastic book fair, which is basically this mobile bookstore that moves into the school and sells books at supposedly a lower price, when you're charged the price on the back of the book, just like you would be at Border's or Barnes & Noble. However, a portion of the sales goes back to the school who, despite getting more money from us every month than the mortgage company does, apparently needs more.

Last week, in an attempt to boost sales, each child was brought to the book fair and told to choose four or five books that they wish their parents would buy for them. This is a little like telling Little Man that he can have candy for breakfast and I'm sure they had to pick him off the floor from the shock of being told he can pick anything he wants.

That night, Little Man gave me his list and I laughed at it so hard, that I practically had my lung collapse.

Choice #1: Thomas the Train -- Track Stars: This totally makes sense, Little Man loves Thomas the Train, and for almost a month straight, I was forced to read the horribleness that is Gordon Gets in Trouble, which my Sister-in-Law gave him for Christmas. Dear Lord are those books ever horrible.

Choice #2: Froggy Gets a Bicycle: Once again, of course Little Man would pick this, his love of frogs is well-known by the stuffed frog that he carries almost everywhere, and a story about one who rides a bike, well shit on me and call me Harry, that sounds like a fantastic time.

Choice #3: Sleep Black Bear: A random choice, but sure, whatever.

Choice #4: Learn to Draw Fairies: Of course, Little Man, has an artistic side, so it makes sense that he'd want to learn to draw. Wait? What? He wants to learn to draw what? Fairies? Let's ask Little Man what prompted this choice.

"Hey, Little Man, so why did you pick a book about learning to draw fairies?

(shoulder shrug) "Fairies are pretty."

Translation? My son just wants to draw hot chicks.

Love,

Catwoman.

Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so proud that my son loves to read books until he discovered those awful Thomas books. Now I wish he was a little more into TV.

Haphazardkat said...

Fairies are hawt.

Loukia said...

Haha... that's so cute. :) At least he can appreciate beauty, right? ;) You have MIA my friend!

the planet of janet said...

*snort* he is a piece of work, isn't he? love it.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Want me to bring one of our Froggy books? We only have EVERY SINGLE ONE.