Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Light Shade of Green Comes From His Texan Father

I'm an environmentalist, for the most part. I'm not perfect by any means, hell, I do drive a Jeep Liberty but totally will at least seriously consider a hybrid of some kind when my Jeep dies (because it's paid off, and I intend to drive this puppy to its grave).

Sweetie Pie, on the other hand, didn't even own a recycling bin until I moved down here. But he's gotten better in the past nine years, partly because he knows I will withhold loving if I find a recyclable item in the trash.

I should totally run the EPA. I could totally make America the greenest country in the world just by having all of my hot chick friends work with me and threaten to withhold sex. No one would even think of going to the grocery store without reusable bags then.

This morning, Meredith Vieira reminded me that today is Earth Day. I turned to Little Man and said "It's Earth Day! The day where we remember the importance of taking care of planet Earth!"

Little Man: ?????

- Like for example, we need to remember to turn off the light when we're not using it."

Little Man's face lights up with understanding

"Yeah! And Mama, we need to remember to turn on the light when we need to use it."

Love,

Catwoman.

11 comments:

Haphazardkat said...

brilliance!!

A's Mom said...

We sure do! You go Little Man! Don't forget to stop at Disney Store with 3 empty bottles to be recycled for your FREE gift!

Burgh Baby said...

I really ought to try that. I often sit in the dark. Seriously. I forget to turn on the lights. How about you send LM over and I'll let him remind me?

the planet of janet said...

how astute!

Nina Diane said...

I know you are so proud.....

Loukia said...

He's so cute! :)

Emma in Canada said...

I don't think a threat to deny sex would work with William.

Emma in Canada said...

I just noticed you have your date on the posts back! Yay!

God, I am such a loser.

Susan said...

So THAT's why I looked so good in the mirror this morning...

Loukia said...

P.S. I miss you! Where have you been?

squishytushy said...

Yay! He gets it! He really really gets it!!!