Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trauma

I was planning on writing a post today about my stupidity yesterday, but that is being thrown out by my trauma of this morning. Now I must preamble this story with a warning that many of you will scoff at me, but just think back to the first time this happened to you, and maybe then you can show me the proper compassion I deserve.

So I was standing in the bathroom of my hotel this morning, doing my hair, which involves separating it into sections to be straightened one at a time, when I suddenly spotted something odd.

After some closer inspecting, it looked like a blond hair. Which doesn't make any sense, since I'm a brunette whose hair doesn't lighten. So I ripped it out. And that's when the world started spinning.

Not because I gave myself a gaping wound with the ripping of the hair, thank you for your concern, but there was no shedding of any blood.

There was, however some shedding of tears, when I realized that it was in fact my first white hair. Which led me to wonder if there were any others. And that's when I found my second white hair.
And since I can't see the back of my head, there could be a third one back there, hidden out of sight...

This morning, I woke up 33 years young. Two hours later, I was 33 years old.

I just need a little time to grieve the end of my life as I knew it, since I haven't colored my hair since my early 20s.

Love,

Catwoman

10 comments:

Loukia said...

Oh don't worry about a couple grey hairs! It doesn't mean anything other then you are the mom of two boys and therefore, you sleep less and are more stressed, thus resulting in these grey hairs! You will be fine and you're still young! I'll also be turning 33 (OMG BARF!) this fall. Now I'm depressed!

Ms. Porter said...

I wish my hair would turn grey/white...it's so bloody fine that it could do with some nice coarse hairs! then i'd colour them like i've been doing for so long that i'm not even sure what colour my natural hair is anymore!

Kat said...

I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. Sorry. But it is only because I've had a few grey hairs since I was 18 or so. No joke. Now, I have more than a few (that's putting it mildly) and I'm 32. ;)

Nina Diane said...

this is the kind of thing that happens when you have kids....this and the fact that your body will never be the same! but so totally worth it.....

Morgan said...

There is really nothing I can say because anything I say will be looked at as not understanding or something since I'm younger than you.

So. Good luck with dyeing your hair. :)

justmylife said...

I feel for you. I remember finding the first one. Now I have too many to count. It is the price you pay for having cute kids. Just wait until your husband takes the opportunity to point them out on a romantic evening. Yeah, not so romantic

A's Mom said...

Apparently, two kids will do that to you. At least my hubby has had gray hair since we married.

Eternal Sunshine said...

I found my first at 23. I was standing in the bathroom at work, pulling it out when the VP of something or other walked in and laughed 'cause she caught me plucking grey hairs. I like to think it was a bonding moment.

the planet of janet said...

one hair? i scoff.

i think my favorite moment was when my MOTHER told me i had to start coloring my hair because it just. wouldn't. do. for her to have a graying daughter.

gah.

Burgh Baby said...

Remember when I dyed my hair dark so that I could never ever have to dye it again? Yeah, well, there are three of those little effers that appeared once I got rid of the highlights. Bastards.