Saturday, March 28, 2009

Testing the Theory That No One Likes a Bragger

So I've pretty much got this couponing thing down.

All of this?



I bought it for $27, including tax. Now, I know that's not as great as that woman on the Today Show who got $100 worth of groceries for 25 cents. And the Target lady wouldn't give me my 9 bars of kids' soap, which I was supposed to get for free, because my coupons were for a dollar, and they were on sale for 97 cents, and supposedly they can't adjust the value of the coupon anymore. Because or else? There would totally be nine bars of soap in front of this pile.

For the record? The diapers alone are worth just over $30 before tax. That means that it's like I got everything else in the picture for free.

Total savings, in case you're not that impressed yet? $54. That's right, baby. I got $81 worth of stuff for $27.

Also? To make your life easier, here's a widget where you can get your own $2 off coupon for the Snuggles Creme fabric softener. I've done everything for you but the shopping!




Love,

Catwoman.

10 comments:

Jenni said...

That's awesome and here's a tip (if you didn't do this): ask for the area supervisor; the person who's in charge of all the cashiers at the time. Usually it just takes a manager coming over and all of a sudden those coupons can be adjusted.

There were many times I as a cashier couldn't authorize something, but get the supervisor over and she would totally get it done.

Morgan said...

You are talking about the Johnson's Buddies soap, right? You can absolutely get it for free at anywhere, with that coupon, talk to a Target manager. Target's coupon policy allows people to get free items with coupons, because Target will get back the money + 8cents.

And if not, go to Wal-Mart or Walgreens and get them there. :)

Great haul, btw.

Nina Diane said...

wow......I'm impressed

Burgh Baby said...

As the woman who has to buy crazy expensive fresh raspberries EVERY week or suffer the wrath of one very angry child, I still don't believe you and your crazy couponing theories. I seriously spent more than that today just on produce to keep the princess from choking me.

Loukia said...

3 packs of diaper AND meat and all that other stuff for 27 dollars? WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! One pack of diapers is usually 20 dollars alone! You're a rock star!

the planet of janet said...

very impressive. very

~Denise~ said...

Nice!!

squishytushy said...

Holy shit.

Seriously.

My husband would trade us.

Kila said...

Holy crap, that's awesome! Way to go!

I cut out coupons, but then don't use them. Wanna do my shopping for me?

A's Mom said...

I found out recently at our Wal-mart that they might not accept the printed coupons. If it scans, great! If not, you're SOL. What kind of crap is that??

Thanks for all the helpful tips. Saving just a little goes a long way. Plus, it's really fun to gloat to your friends and even your husband.