Saturday, March 07, 2009

New Obsession

So I need to let you guys in on something. Hope you're sitting down for this, because I'm sure it'll be a complete shock. So I know I'm not an economist, but I have to tell you that the economy? It ain't so good.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you guys.

And I'll be honest, I've never been the best money person. I am the stay-at-home mom who had to go back to work because whenever Little Man and I got bored at home, I'd take him shopping. And apparently, them credit cards? They don't pay themselves.

I know, I'm just full of new facts today.

The bad economy finally hit home for us, in the way of a paycut for me. And as I've told many a coworker, it's not like my company told me last year "hey, you know what would be awesome? Is if you went and had a second baby so that you'd have two daycare bills." Having Tiny Man was my decision, and I'd rather go underwearless and not eat than imagine a life without him.

But still.

Pay cuts suck.

And we were already living pretty thriftily, so there ain't much fat to cut. There is the cleaning lady, of course. But she is my sanity, and giving her up would be like slicing off my ears.

So I've found another way to trim back the old budget. And I must admit, it's turned into a bit of an obsession, as most things tend to with me.

Hello, my name is Catwoman and I'm an extreme couponer. I've got 10 sites now that I track like a hawk that tell me who's got a sale on what and what coupon I need to use when so that I can get craploads of stuff for as little money as possible.

Sweetie Pie laughs at me, because before one of these trips to the store, I'm totally giddy and I tell him "I'm going to go rob Target/Walgreen's/the grocery store."

I must pause here to welcome any new readers who found me from googling "how to rob Target."

So here's my spree from yesterday. This was one of my better trips and I must say that I'm still glowing from the thrill of it.



You know how much I paid for all of that (just for the record, it's two large packs of Huggies wipes, three Renuzit air & fabric deodorizers, 1 carton of Silk soy milk, 3 packs of Mott's apple sauce, 6 cans of condensed chicken noodle soup and a box of Milkbones).

I got all of it for $7.70. That's including tax.

I know, right? There are people who shoplift and spend more money than I do.

So I know I'm a terrible blogger. And I'm a terrible blog reader. But this new hobby of mine? It's really a lot of fun!

Today? I dragged Tiny Man to Walgreen's for dirt cheap diapers, three bottles of free conditioner and two free Glade air sray thingies.

So to summarize? Me hate pay cuts. Me love free stuff.

The end.

Love,

Catwoman.

9 comments:

themaggers said...

Inquiring minds want to know what sites you use are they a highly kept secret.

Ms. Porter said...

I have missed your reg posts....I hope the economy improves!

Morgan said...

Another good place to check out is hotcouponworld.com - It has a forum on it where people regularly post deals/steals they've found, and it has a Target coupon generator so you can print Target coupons which can be stacked with Manufacturer coupons.

If you need any more sites or anything, let me know. I love couponing and am finally getting back into it.

You can check out my frugal blog too. There's a link to it on my regular blog, I'm going to try and update it tonight and tomorrow.

my email is: morgansvoice at gmail dot com

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Are you really that successful?? I'm obviously doing something wrong & need you to guide me o' wise one.

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

super couponing (I think you should call it XQPN like the X games - lol) makes me sweat and get a headache. But, none the less, here's my favorite XQPN site, if you aren't already going there:
ww.momsbyheart.net

David said...

Sorry I haven't commented. I read, ut don't comment. Hope the trip went well.

jasie said...

yeah, seriously... i use all that stuff... HOW did you get it for so cheap?!

A's Mom said...

Seriously?!? And I thought I was good by going to a military base to do my shopping. You'll have to share the sites in a later post.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Why are you not sharing the secrets and websites?

Pretty please share