Monday, December 22, 2008

Sweetness

Little Man can regularly be caught being sweet to Tiny Man. He does it very naturally, not because it's expected of him, just because that's just who he is, down to his core. I don't know where he gets it from, neither his father nor I are particularly nice people, but Little Man somehow defeated the odds and has this wonderful soft spirit and I intend to ensure the world doesn't crush him and harden him.

A few days ago, Tiny Man was going berzerk in his bouncy seat, demanding his next bottle and Little Man started singing to him. By the time I'd gotten the camera out, he was done singing and had begun humming, but I still love this video, because it's typical Little Man: unfazed, sweet and caring.

And for the record, at the end of the video he is not attempting to smother his little brother with the frog.


Brotherly Love from Catwoman InTexas on Vimeo.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Julie said...

very sweet!

Nina Diane said...

that is just so sweet......I love how he kisses him! What an awesome big brother....

alperen said...

thnks

Becca said...

OMG that is precious

Kat said...

Aww. That is so sweet. :)

wherewiller said...

Awesome

CPA Mom said...

goodness, that is cute! I can only imagine how cute the singing was - my kids stop when the camera comes out too sometimes. ugh!

Got your precious card today - I actually said "AAAHH" outloud! Thanks!

Kellie said...

He's SO sweet! I think he gave me a cavity!!

Emma in Canada said...

Poor Tiny Man. He's got to be thinking "What the hell are you doing filming this when I am starving." I definitely see the evil eye there!

But Little Man? What a great big brother.

Burgh Baby said...

Excuse me, ma'am, but Little Man is obviously modeling behavior he has seen somewhere. Are you, by chance, actually being nice to Tiny Man when no one is looking? If so, you're BUSTED.

Chris said...

Wow. LM is doing a fantastic job! My daughter is nearly the same age as TM and once she starts grumbling like that it soon escalates if she can't see progress on the food front.

I keep meaning to comment on how wonderfully funny and positive I find your writing. I should stop reading those other blogs that make me fear the upcoming challenges of parenthood!

I was compelled to delurk immediately when I saw Tiny Man's bouncy chair in the video. My husband is on his way home from the store right now with a bouncer under his arm.

My captcha was "toking" -- not meant to be a suggestion was it?

David said...

Too too cute! Congrats and have a Merry Christmas.

A Spot of T said...

It's late and I'm going through my reader and stopping to wish people a Merry Christmas. But now I have to say this just made my entire evening AND have a Merry Christmas!

Kila said...

I wonder if he would come sing to my 9-yr-old, who is currently banging on his bedroom door!

squishytushy said...

awww... really, what else is there to say?

the planet of janet said...

i love this. makes me all teary, remembering how drummer actually WOULD have tried to smother the drama king with a frog.

lucky lucky you.