Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Missing the Point Entirely

Yesterday, Little Man and I were driving to the pediatrician's office for Tiny Man's one-month check up (side note: Not-So-Tiny Man went from 6 lbs 5 oz four weeks ago when he left the hospital to 9 lbs 8 oz yesterday. Who the hell manages to gain 50 percent of their body weight in four weeks? What are my boobs producing? Lard fried in bacon grease?).

As we were driving down the road, I suddenly spotted some poor guy dressed up in a dog costume on the side of the road, holding a promotional sign and waving at the cars passing by. I pointed him out to Little Man, who was quite perturbed by the scene.

LM: "Why is he dressed in a dog costume outside? It's cold outside! And he looks silly!

Me: Well, that's his job. See, this is why it's important to study hard in school and learn to read and write, so that you don't have to have a job standing on the side of the road in a dog costume. (Side note: Yes, I've turned into that mother. I swear I was cool, once upon a time.)

LM: Don't worry, Mama. I won't dress like a dog. I'm going to wave at cars dressed like a race car driver when I grow up."

Well, I can now sleep at night.

Love,

Catwoman.

15 comments:

the planet of janet said...

little man will make one hot-spit car-waver ;-)

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Oh, thank goodness. Because those Nascar drivers always have those leather zip-up coats and some cool Phillips 66 hat on. At least he'll be warm!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I think it's great he has lofty aspirations. And, you're quitting Plurk - say it ain't so!

Rachel said...

Oh he just meant that when he's leading the race and gets a flat, he will wave them by so he can get to pit road.

Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing how we become that parent, even when we swore we wouldn't.

*sigh* Cute story :-) Happy Thanksgiving hon.

Susan said...

OMG, I needed that laugh. You can drive the grandkids by to wave at Daddy in his race car uniform!!

Emma in Canada said...

He's just planning on waving at all the losers who come in after him in the big race, that's all.

Julie said...

Phew - I thought he was going to say something ridiculous like dressing like a cat! : )

Burgh Baby said...

I'm so glad he has such lofty goals as to drive in a circle for several hours. Dream big, kid, dream big.

Anita Doberman said...

Awesome - that's something my kids would have said. Cat costumes are cute right? :) :)

Slick said...

Yeah but...

Race car drivers are soooo much cooler than dogs!

Shala said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and this is my first comment. You are so funny and I love coming to see what Little Man is up too. Your boys are adorable. I linked to your site today from mine. If that isn't ok just let me know and I will take it down.

Kellie said...

That's totally fine if he wants to wave while dressed as a race car driver. Provided he's a NASCAR driver and bringin' in big dollas!!

:)

squishytushy said...

He could be Little Man McQueen!!!

alperenl said...

thnks