Friday, October 24, 2008

How to Scare a Three-Year Old

Ever since he attended his big brother class, Little Man has been dying for the opportunity to give Little Man a bottle. Almost every day for the past month, he'd ask me "can I give baby brother a bottle today?" Which would put me in an awkward place and have me explain that Tiny Man was actually not born yet.

With nursing working out so great, Little Man watched me breastfeed his baby brother for the first couple of days, which led to many inquisitive questions from my favorite three-year old that basically meant "what the hell are you doing to my brother?"

On Wednesday night, after a day that was filled with way too much nursing, Tiny Man had literally sucked me dry and was angry because the gas pump was empty. I asked the nursery to bring me a little formula to supplement him, and figured that at the same time, I would let Little Man give him a small bottle the next day, thinking this would make him very excited and involved.

Little Man showed up yesterday and was excited to see me and Tiny Man and asked right away to hold him. I turned to him and said "guess what! You can feed Baby Brother today, if you want to!"

Little Man froze, stared at me, perturbed, and said quietly "I don't think he'll like my boobies."

Since I was waiting for my pain killers to be brought to me at that time, I can't even explain to you how painful that laughter was.

Once I stopped laughing hysterically, I told him that he'd in fact be using a bottle. Little Man's whole face flooded with relief and he simply said "oh, that's a good idea."



Love,

Catwoman

24 comments:

The Sports Mama said...

Priceless. Absolutely adorable and priceless.

And I love how it looks like Tiny Man is winking at you in this picture, like the two of you are sharing some great secret. :)

the planet of janet said...

bwahahahahahaaa!!

poor little man!

glad he was able to feed tiny man a DIFFERENT way ....

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Seriously...pack the whole lot of you up and take this act on tour!!

IT'S HYSTERICAL!!

Hallie :)

AndreAnna said...

When I was nursing those first few weeks, Charlotte kept asking if her boobies had milk.

He's too funny!

ccr in MA said...

Still laughing. Aren't kids great?

Burgh Baby said...

I love your Little Man.

Kat said...

What a SMART little guy! HAHAHAHA!!! That is just hilarious! :)

jasie said...

oh my gosh. that's just about the funniest thing i've read in ages! no, no... it *IS* the funniest thing.

i'm so happy for you all and can't wait to hear what else your little man has to say about being a brother.

Rachel said...

Oh, the posts are going to be even more hilarious now that you have two!!!!

Priceless!

justmylife said...

That was priceless!!! I am betting you remember that until the day you die. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Tina said...

Once again, you crack me up!

ICLW

Susan said...

Too freakin' funny! What a smart, intuitive boy! Enjoy your own bed and take care!

Kellie said...

Little Man cracks me up. And I? SO needed that this week :)

Bren said...

Ha!

He looks so big holding that bottle for his baby brother. Too sweet!

Haphazardkat said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! I read this to Lord V cuz it was just too hysterically funny.

We both split a spleen laughing. So thanks.
we're spleenless now :P

The pic? is priceless.

Haphazardkat said...

oh...and....GEES!! Tiny man isn't so tiny in that pic, look at his daddy long leg, legs!!

Emma in Canada said...

That is hilarious! I love how he calls them boobies.

Tiny Man has some chubby thighs...I may have to stop reading your blog as I am likely to want to try and get pregnant this week.

A's Mom said...

That's too funny! And what a precious shot of your beautiful boys!

tami said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, that was hilarious!

Congrats on Tiny Man!

Poltzie said...

LOL!! for real! The best blog story I've read in a long time!

Julie said...

OMG, that boy has your sense of humor 100%!

CPA Mom said...

Dude, Little Man is the cutest boy ever. Comedy GOLD.

http://anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

Holy hell, honey. That boy is TOO much. I hope I can stop by this week?

Marmarbug said...

Oh my god! That is great! I can imagine that hurt the c/s incision but that was a laugh worth having!