Monday, September 08, 2008

Yes, I'm Alive

So I've been a sucky blogger lately. This I know, for the bible tells me so.

Well, ok, not the bible per say, that song just popped into my head is all. This is what happens when your mother-in-law gives Little Man a book of bible songs that he has designated as his pooping book and therefore we sing the one version of "Jesus Loves Me" that appears in the book. Which Sweetie Pie tells me I'm singing all wrong, since I've never actually HEARD the song and can't read music. I know Sweetie Pie sang it the right way to me once, but I didn't retain the melody and in fact, I thought my version was much catchier.

Which of course now means that Little Man has learned the melody wrong. And should his father decide some day that our heathen ways must end and that our children (and I guess me by default) must be dragged to church, then poor Little Man will be in Sunday school singing bible songs wrong, and people will wonder why each one sounds like a cheerleader at a pep rally. This, people, is what happens when a semi-catholic raised by catholics who lean more towards the agnostic side marries a Baptist. My son is a direct product of our quirks. But man, he sure is a good-looking heathen, isn't he?



Anyway, as always, I'm way off track. So, where have I been during the past week? In meetings. Non-stop meetings. And on Scrabulous with a certain Burgh Mama. And on my new crack, Plurk. And if you're not on Plurk, you should be, although don't you dare join without asking me for an invitation first, because I'm one friend away from the icon where one happy face beats another one over the head with a chair, and do you know how much a pregnant woman can use that icon???

So Saturday was Little Man's birthday party. Which of course, my $65 birthday cake totally rocked the universe. You know how wars around the world stopped for a few seconds, and global warming slowed for a moment and baby seals were hugged instead of clubbed for a brief moment in time? It was all in honor of Little Man's birthday cake.

Which I have a picture of, just not here. Since I forgot my camera at home and didn't get around to uploading my pictures this weekend. But I will post a picture of the cake soon, I promise.

There's much more to post, but since I'm so thin on blog fodder these days, I will tell you more tomorrow. And give you pictures of the cake.

Love,

Catwoman.

14 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I KNEW you weren't above pleading for friends to take your invites. I knew it. If I could grant you the chair, I would. In a heartbeat.

I really wish you would at least TRY to beat me at Scrab, though. I mean, c'mon! ;-)

CPA Mom said...

I had no idea you earned things with invites. I just wanted to get an invite and you were the only person I knew on plurk who happened to be on gmail right then.

I'm loving Plurk though. After Tweightloss is over, I may drop Twitter.

Haphazardkat said...

My mother gave my kid a hand carved jesus plaque--and insisted on holding hands at the dinner table to sing prayers before eating. I snarled and told her NO to the hand holding but allowed my kid to hold hers during it.
There is only so much I can take....

Kellie said...

Mmmm...cake.

Julie said...

Don't worry Jesus doesn't judge - you can sing those songs to any beat you want! : )

Rachel said...

If I read one more blog today that mentions birthday cake, I am going to HAVE to stop by the store on the way home.

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

It was good cake, too! Even the diabetic thought so.

Bren said...

I want to see that $65 cake! I'm too cheap to pay the $85 that I was quoted for Big Sis' guitar cake for her upcoming birthday. So I'm going to attempt making it myself. Hopefully, I won't be running out at the last minute to buy one at Kroger.

beach mama said...

Can't wait to see that cake!

And we all have some blogging down time. Don't sweat it.

Marmarbug said...

The cake sounds yummy!!!!
And LMAO at the bible songs.

Kathryn said...

Mmmm. Now I want some cake.

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Happy birthday little man..

Sandi said...

That must be one damn fine cake!

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday to Little Man!

also, my husband is a recovering Catholic married to a sometimes evangelical Baptist/Methodist (did some church hopping in my youth...), and he can't sing "Jesus Loves Me" either...he has no clue of the tune or the lyrics.