Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Surviving

So far, I have not been led to drinking. My mother even stated that I looked good and had a ton of energy.

You might remember that I spent so much time cleaning last week, staying up late at night, waking up at 4:30 in the morning from stress and cleaning some more until 5:45, my usual wake up time, to the point that I had some spotting again.

Most people would think that the house was clean enough to eat off my floors, considering they were mopped twice a day for almost the week before my mother came. That even the insides of cupboards were washed and rearranged.

But apparently, not quite enough. Last night, when I asked my mother to wash some lettuce, she said to me "which of these sinks is the least dirty, because they look the same to me."

Yeah, I'd cleaned them both yet again yesterday morning, but whatever.

Little Man is going to be awful lonely when his cousin leaves, because they've been having a ton of fun when they haven't been getting on each other's nerves because my niece hasn't mastered the concept of sharing, unless you consider sharing to be to hit the other child on the head with the toy.

But they do look cute together when they get along.



Love,

Catwoman.

18 comments:

AndreAnna said...

You should have told her to use the left side since you usually empty the catbox in the right one.

ccr in MA said...

Oh, ouch! Passive-aggressive much, mom? How about "These look equally clean" instead?

Still, glad you're doing okay. Cute photo!

Sandy said...

When my kids were small, I had 4 at home, 4 dogs, white carpet and 11 interior sliding glass doors and floor to ceiling bookcases on 3 wall of the family room. I cleaned like a maniac for the month before my little one's 3rd birthday party. My husband ended up divorcing me (OK, not the reason but whatever), my kids were afraid of me and my dogs were cowering. The party was nice. My mother's comment? "It's a shame you didn't get to the dust on the top shelf of the bookcase. You know how that upsets your sister."

I never cleaned for anyone else's benefit again.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Remind me to bring LETTUCE I ALREADY CLEANED AT HOME SO I WON'T HAVE TO CLEAN IT IN YOUR FILTHY SINK when I come to visit.

Hallie

Haphazardkat said...

LOL @ Andreanna!!

Hang in there...she'll leave eventually...

Ms. Porter said...

OMG!!! This post might lead ME to drink!

Burgh Baby said...

I think you should send you Mom over to my house. Sure, she would drop dead the second she saw the various mounds of cat puke (we try to clean it all, but I'm sure we miss some--little dude isn't doing to well these days), finger paint on the floor, piles of fur in the corners, and dirty dishes in the sink, but at least then she wouldn't be making you nuts.

Marmarbug said...

Ugh.
Have you ever seen Steel Magnolias? There is a line where Weezer aske Melynn if her husband removes the dishes from the sink before he pisses in it.
Love it.
Tell you mom to give you a break.

monster's momma said...

:hug:

Jodie said...

Oh good grief. You are doing VERY WELL! I know how mom's go, at least mine is picky about cleaning, just everything else.

How cute is little man holding hands!

Morgan said...

lol @ Andreanna! :)


Hang in there! :) And that picture? Adorable! :)

Rachel said...

Alyssa shares that way too, how sweet. Only a few more days. Has she picked the couch up yet?

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

Glad to see you're surviving. Keep me posted. I'll see you Sat??

the planet of janet said...

i'd have long since hit the tequila ...

Kathryn said...

You should have handed her a rag and told her to scrub away!

That picture is just too precious for words!

Rosie : ) said...

Well, at least you know the trip is almost over.

As for hurtful Mom comments? Not much can be said except : "I will make an effort to never talk to my daughter that way." :)

That Chick Over There said...

Again, I had no idea we had the same mother. Sis! I've missed you!

Colleen said...

I don't remember you mentioning she had cloven feet...