Friday, August 01, 2008

Starting Rumors Without Even Trying

Last night, my sister-in-law was in a fender bender. She wasn't injured, she'd simply failed to stop herself from smashing into the back end of a Mercedes convertible driven by a rich Plano cheerleader, who was, like, totally devastated, because, like, OMFG!, her dad, was, like, totally going to kill her.

My sister-in-law's vehicle wasn't driveable, and I was asked by Sweetie Pie to go rescue his sister, which considering she's our free babysitter, I was more than happy to do, even if it meant that I wouldn't be able to watch Project Runway until Friday night now, a whole two days after it has aired, and when someone shows this kind of sacrifice, surely they get put at the top of Saint Peter's list, despite a slutty summer in Barcelona when they were 18, right?

I picked up Little Man first, and told him that we had to hurry because his Aunt had an accident. I didn't want him to worry, so I assured him that she was ok, but that her car was broken.

The accident happened in the cheerleader's neighborhood, so she had my s-i-l follow her to her million-dollar home. When we got there, the tow truck hadn't even arrived, so I decided to take Little Man to the nearest park. Which for any of you who live within 50-miles of a wealthy neighborhood, holy crap, you totally need to hit their parks, because DUDE! They have fancy toys on springs and things that spin your toddler upside down and all sorts of other fancy things and there's no gum on any of it!

We played for close to an hour (and by we, I mean Little Man, because I was wearing black dress pants and a long sleeved dress shirt and simply sat in the shade where it was probably a cool 102 degrees (40 Celsius), sweating copious amounts of fluid while Tiny Man kicked me to beg me to get inside the freaking air conditioning.

When my s-i-l finally called to say that her car was being loaded on the tow truck, I told Little Man that we had to go get her.

As I was strapping him into his car seat, he said to me "Aunt S. went pee pee in her pants?"

Confused, I asked him "What? Where did you get that idea?"

As toddlers are wont to be, his answer was simply a repetition of his question "Aunt S. went pee pee in her pants?

- Uhm... No, baby. She had an accid... OOOOOH!"

Because when you're two? You don't so much no about car accidents. But you sure know about wetting yourself in front of all your friends because you whispered to the teacher in a loud gym that you had to go and somehow she didn't hear you over all the screaming.

So now, Little Man is probably thinking that for her next birthday? We totally need to give his Aunt all of the Pull-Ups he no longer uses.

Love,

Catwoman.

17 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You should have told him that his Aunt got in a fender bender. Would have been cool to see how he's interpret that!

Hallie

Sunshine said...

That is the cutest!! Makes perfect sense to me... I can't wait until he goes to school to tell everyone that his aunt went pee-pee in her pants!

Lisa said...

Awe, that is so cute!
Glad that your SIL is okay.

Kellie said...

How funny is THAT?!

Glad she's okay--even if her car isn't.

AndreAnna said...

We totally hit the rich parks.. Charlotte calls them the "big play parks" because they're HYOGE!

Ms. Porter said...

I saw that one coming! And, Wonderful World of Weiners is hilarious!

Morgan said...

That is so funny!

Glad you SIL is okay.

Julie said...

Umm hello, slutty summer in Barcelona when you were 18? I think we need to hear about that.

Oh and of course I'm glad your SIL is ok!

Hot Mamma said...

I bet they were in the love the moment you came into the family and definately have some humerous events! Ha!

susan said...

Poor sil - very glad she is ok!
email me directions to hoity toity park please.
:)

Jordan said...

Ahhh, the days when it's good to have a (literally) potty-minded toddler :)

Adorable.

Haphazardkat said...

So...was he correct? Did Auntie have a little accident when she fender bendered?
I've reached the age where I accident when I sneeze so I know i'd need a pullup if I hit a car.
Just sayin...

Marmarbug said...

LMAO! Hey he took it as he heard it!

~Denise~ said...

Life from the 2yo perspective. Ain't it grand?

Sandy said...

When Moose was little and wet himself, I asked him if he had an accident. He told me no. Said it was an "on purpose".

There you have it.

Colleen said...

Yeah, I can't use accident in my house to describe anything other than peeing/pooping in your pants. Otherwise Gavin corrects me by looking at my pants and saying "you di'nt haffa assident, Mommy. You spill your milk."

A's Mom said...

This one totally made me laugh because I know what the rich bitches in Plano are like! God I miss Texas.