Thursday, August 21, 2008

Minus Two Months: My Letter to Tiny Man

In exactly two months, I will be holding you in my arms at this time. This idea thrills me to pieces, one because it means that I can finally start to get to know you, and second of all, because it means you won't be lodged in my ribcage anymore.

Not that I blame you for being in my ribcage, after all, you're definitely running out of room in there, with you being on the large side and me being only 5 foot 3, really, where else would you be able to go?

I have to give you kudos, kid. You definitely make me look good. I felt great when I was pregnant with your brother, but my body, unsure as to what it was supposed to do made me look like I had a beer gut. Not until my last month did strangers start referring to my pregnancy. But with you, I've got the beach ball look down, and I love it. I love that people compliment me on my bump. I love that people hold doors and elevators for me, no matter how far away I am, even if it does mean that I have to haul my big tush because I feel bad for holding them up.

Like your brother, you seem to be pretty mellow. You only kick a few times a day, but when you do, they're strong, powerful kicks, strong enough to push my hand away if I'm holding it on my belly.

I'm still able to mostly sleep on my stomach, thanks to my body pillow, and I figure that you just like to be cocooned, smooshed into my intestines.

I've learned that you can't stand letting me do to much. I've had to hire a cleaning lady, because every time I would try to seriously clean the house, I would end up with some spotting. Some might think this is a complaint, but I actually thank you for giving me all that time back and ensuring that my house is always clean.

In only two months, I'll get to hold you. I anticipate that it will be the same as when I saw your brother, I won't let the nurses take you away and I'll ask if I can hold you all day and all night, because once I see your face, I know I won't want to let you go.

In the meantime, I'll keep singing Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back" to you and feel you get your groove on against my lungs. But know that I'm counting the days, the minutes, the seconds, until we really meet.

Love,

Maman.

9 comments:

Haphazardkat said...

I can't wait to meet your little guy!!!!

Burgh Baby said...

If I ever get pregnant again, I need to know about that body pillow. Belly sleeping with just a couple of months to go? Amazing!

I'm starting to get a little impatient about meeting Tiny Man. I'm sure you are even more so.

Kellie said...

I can't wait to meet him :) I've never been a stomach sleeper, but I remember while pregnant, I had an awesome body pillow that let me sleep anyway I wanted. Sheer Heaven!!

Horray for a cleaning lady. I wonder if I can say that everytime I clean, I have spotting going on. I wonder if Jimmy will fall for it ;)

Kathryn said...

Just two short months! It is so exciting!!!

Susan said...

Sniff!!

Rachel said...

I can't wait to meet him either!

Also, I know that everyone that read that you were singing Sexy Back, actually sung some of that song.

the planet of janet said...

you can still sleep on your stomach? oh my heavens! where were you when i was having all my babies?????

squishytushy said...

awwwww....!!!!!

Colleen said...

That was so sweet. It may sound weird, but I think I anticipated seeing Cooper more than Gavin because I knew what to expect.

and my hubby had told me I'm no longer allowed to read your letters to Tiny Man because it makes me want more babies right now.