Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Go Ahead, Try to Tell Me My Kid Ain't Talented

In case you don't know this about me, I'm not athletic. And when I say that, I don't mean that I'm out of shape, even though I am (well, being currently pregnant, I do have a shape, I'm round like a Weeble, but normally, I have no shape). I mean that there isn't a single sport that I'm naturally or unnaturally talented at. And even though my husband is a kick ass golfer who is almost good enough to have gone pro, an awesome skier who has the bad knees to show for it, was a kick-ass soccer player and can probably play any sport known to man well, I just assumed that our kids would inherit my lack of talent and when we found Little Man was a boy, never did I think "oooh, maybe he'll be an athlete and be really rich and buy me a convertible!"

Especially when it quickly became clear that Little Man is sharp as a whip. Now, don't get all mad at me here, I'm not saying that athletes are dumb, there are many brilliant athletes, I'm just saying that for our kids to be both athletic and smart, they'd have to go and pick genes from two sides of the pool. Not that Sweetie Pie is dumb, it's just that I'm smarter, I mean, he didn't skip two grades in school or challenge himself to read the entire dictionary before his fifth birthday.

But in June, Little Man took a soccer camp at school for a week and I'm telling you, the kid can bend it like Beckham. And then, while hanging out at my in-laws, he began using this torpedo-shaped nerf toy as a baseball bat and my father-in-law threw a soft baseball at him and taught the kid to hit his pitches in under 10 minutes flat. I'm not making this up.

See this kid? He's not even three yet. Check out his freaking stance and check out the strength of his hit with a foam ball.


Baseball Player from Catwoman InTexas on Vimeo.

And yes, I've already picked out my convertible.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Haphazardkat said...

He has a great eye!!

and OMG woman. I was holding my breath the entire time with his bat next to your TV!!

CPA Mom said...

baseball in the house, next to a large expensive T.V. AWESOME!!

He has a great stance already. I'd say you need to pick out some bling too.

Julie said...

Not to steal anyting away from his brilliant baseball skillz but the way Mrs. Butterworth distracted him with her syrupy goodness you might have a chef on your hands! : )

Maria said...

That's some amazing hand-eye coordination! not a bad throw either. Might I suggest an insurance policy though? The TV and for his potential earnings in the event of an injury.

the planet of janet said...

let's just say that i was distracted by the proximity of tv and bat.

must be from all those years of having battling boys in my house.

Kathryn said...

In the house? In the house? My boys would think I was the best mom in the world if I let them play baseball (or ANY ball) in the house. You rock!

Rachel said...

Yeah, but he's gonna be 3, what, next month. Come on, have you seen the 2 year old team?

;)

Sandi said...

When he does go pro and has more money than he knows what to do with? I think we're gonna need a bigger house....and thank him for me in advance.

Susan said...

What a beautiful child. And you realize that he's going to buy a convertible for Mrs. Butterworth, too...

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

I hate to break it to ya hon, but he was more interested in Mrs Butterworth than baseball.

Marmarbug said...

Shoot I knew that TV was okay. And he has quite a hit! Go LM!!!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I SOOOOOOOO want that kids autograph!!

Hallie

Bren said...

Do we have the next Home Run Derby winner on our hands? He's a pro alright!

Ms. Porter said...

Look at him! He is so cute too...watch out.

Rosie : ) said...

How cute. :) He does have a good eye. So what colour is your convertible? :)

squishytushy said...

Are you gonna send him back home to shape up our Blue Jays???!!!