Thursday, July 17, 2008

Working on Becoming Queen of the World

I'll be the first to admit, that I run my household. I think that is true for most women, but it's really, really true in my case.

Sweetie Pie isn't meek in any way. I think he just decided years ago that with a wife who has French blood coursing through every square inch of her veins, that it was just easier to let me do my thang and then he can actually get some peace and quiet ever so often and get to watch on TV a bunch of sweaty men wrapping their legs around each other's necks in a cage while weird people cheer them on.

This weekend, I have my annual girls' weekend with my three best friends. This has been a tradition for us ever since my bachelorette party, when we decided that we needed to get away once a year.

And we have. And I always look forward to it. It's my second favorite holiday after Christmas.

This weekend is it.

Of course, as life tends to happen, our weekend has turned into one night.

Which is fine. We can do one night.

Until I found out on Monday, that Sweetie Pie has to be out of town now over the weekend. Which means that I now have girls' night and a toddler that needs tending to.

But it's all good, Sweetie Pie's sister is always up for babysitting overnight.

And quickly realizing that I now have a whole house to myself!!!! SQUEAL! I decide to have the girls just stay at my house rather than a hotel, saving us the money and then we can turn into 11-year old girls playing Ouija and consuming too much candy. Oh, who am I kidding, we're all moms in our 30's. We'll be passed out by 9:30 after discussing who would be more fun to have an affair with: Paul Walker or Tom Brady (the correct answer, is obviously both at the same time, duh.)

So with my slumber party plans set, Sweetie Pie announces to me last night that he will now be coming home on Saturday night.

What? Hell to the no! This is unacceptable! I don't care that he brings home half the bacon and therefore, the house is technically half his.

This weekend, this is my house and my party and he cannot come home. No way, no how.

This is the part where I told him that I don't care where he sleeps, but it sure as hell ain't here.

This morning, I got an email from my sister-in-law confirming her plans to pick up Little Man on Saturday afternoon. She then added a PS to her note, which said that Sweetie Pie had told her that he had nowhere to go on Saturday night and that she had offered her brother her spare room.

I emailed her back, thanked her for taking care of my two men and told her that Sweetie Pie's favorite night night story is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See" and that he should be burped after every beer.

I think I deserve an award. I've found babysitting for not one, but two of the men I'm responsible for.

I think that deserves me some kind of award.

Love,

Catwoman.

18 comments:

Morgan said...

You definately deserve an award. :)

Emma in Canada said...

First off, I love that Sweetie Pie told his sister (i originally typed in sitter, which technically I supoose she will be) he has no place to stay.

I love that you can kick him out of the house for a night, I've only managed to kick William out once for an evening to have a stampin up party and I dare not try again.

Hope your weekend is great and that their are pictures to see!

Kathryn said...

That is hilarious! hehehe

And, Tom Brady? Really? There is just something about the guy (arrogance perhaps) that makes me want to kick him in his chin butt. But I guess that is just me.
Now, Paul Walker! Well...

the planet of janet said...

you pulled that one off like a champ!

but we really do have to talk about this tom brady thing.

seriously.....

David said...

Not bad...not bad at all.

Susan said...

Well done! I'm lukewarm about Tom Brady and I don't even know who Paul Walker is but count me in, please?!

You girls are going to have some serious fun and I'm guessing Sweetie Pie is, too, once favors are paid up...

A's Mom said...

You totally deserve an award! You go girl! Have fun!

pam said...

Ok I've been happily lurking on your site for months but this, this got me! Too much ma oui...

I'd say for my two cents you are indeed the Queen of the World (or at least Texas ;)

Ms. Porter said...

Well done indeed! Have a great time. It's BlogHer, there's a Toronto blogger thing going on, and you've got a girls weekend...I'm not sure what I'm going to do with no blog posts to read!

Tranny Head said...

Kudos to you! You should rent "Dirty Dancing" and buy lots of wine!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Have fun. Margie

Jordan said...

Haha, I LOVE girls' weekends. Good for not letting any smelly boys, no matter how related, crash your party! Have fun!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Tom Brady? TOM BRADY? EWWWWWWW! That's like kissing the devil. Excuse me for a second . . .

Sorry.

I had to go throw up. TOM EFFIN BRADY?

I thought you had better taste than that.

(You totally deserve an award for finding a sitter for two. Can your sister watch my husband, too?)

Haphazardkat said...

I love my girls night out! I'm dyin over you kickin both the boys out and having them both babysat! thats a definite High 5 to the girl power!!
I'm sorta doing that next Friday. I'm hosting a bridal shower for one of my girlfriends and my man is taking MiniWarrior somewhere so we can be boy free for the evening. hehehe
you're the queen though! *wedges a tiara on you*
All hail queen catwoman!

Nina Diane said...

wow......you showed those boys who the boss is! Great job there.....

Rachel said...

Dude! You rock! It's hard finding a babysitter for those older kids.

Marmarbug said...

You are my new hero.

justmylife said...

You so deserve an award! Tell me your secret, dirt on the SIL? heh!!