Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm Not a Bitch, I Just Play One on TV

So I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not as good or nice of a person as I like to think I am.

The other day, Sweetie Pie was getting Little Man into his car seat when I yelled at him "Do you have Little Man's sunglasses?"

This wasn't in the same kind of yelling I do when I'm throwing pots at the man's head. There were no words that rhyme with "mo fo" and "shithead" used. It was just a situation where a loving wife had to raise her voice because her husband was more than two feet away from her, and we all know that men can hear their wives as well as bats can see.

Before Sweetie Pie even had a chance to answer, Little Man yelled back at me "Mama, are you being mean?"

Sweetie Pie thought this was quite funny. I? Was not amused and told Little Man that I was not being mean, that I was in fact being nice and trying to find his sunglasses. He thought about this for a second and said "Mama sound mean."

Well crap.

Then that night, we went to dinner at the in-laws. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law brought their Wii over so that I could kick everyone's ass I could make them all cry we could play some friendly tennis.

My sister-in-law had made "Mii's" for everyone, which is your Wii character.

Mine? Was a brunette very angry looking big headed creature.

I was shocked. "Why does my Mii look so mean?" I asked.

Sweetie Pie once again laughed. Althought, that was probably the last time he did so, since I then savagely ripped his vocal cords out of his stupid scrawny neck.

Which apparently doesn't make me look any sweeter.

Love,

Catwoman.

15 comments:

AndreAnna said...

My five-year old nephew wanted to make a new Mii for me the other day, so I handed him the controller.

After a few minutes, dismayed, he said "Annie, there are no bodies big enough for you."

Niiiice.

I'm going to assume he is referring to my 9 month pregnant body and not my normal one.

Kids' honesty is fun, isn't it?

Kellie said...

It may not make you any sweeter, but it sure as hell was justified :)

My Mii looks a tad on the angry-ish side, too. Go figure, right?

Morgan said...

I've never seen a Mii- but maybe they all look angry??

:)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

My Mii is now afraid of your big headed angry one. You keep your mean old nasty Mii away from mine!

Hallie

the planet of janet said...

are you sure we aren't really twins?

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I don't think you look mean. I wonder why your Mii does? I made my Mii into a Grateful Dead roadie looking guy.

LaDonna said...

LOL. As a fellow Canadian, I'm so glad that I found your blog. And your humor, adds so much to my day! My kids ask me things like that all the time!! (I have four, due Nov 1 with the next one!)

Marmarbug said...

I want a Mii. :(

I am uncool. And I bet your hubby deserved to lose his vocal cords.

Susan said...

I LOVE your mean self!!! Hysterical!

Tranny Head said...

Hostile and aggressive women are hawt - I should know. Takes one to know one.

Sandi said...

Blame it on pregnancy hormones. I read somewhere that women can actually get off murder charges with that excuse....

justmylife said...

I was going to say exactly the same thing as sandi. I am sure he deserved to have his vocal cords severed, never, ever laugh at a pregnant woman!

And husbands can't hear wives, something about the tone of the voice, yelling gets through. Or atleast it does with my husband and kids too....

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

I can't believe you had to ask why your mii looked angry.

Colleen said...

we all know that men can hear their wives as well as bats can see.

AMEN!!!!

and uh, can't say that I could vote one way or the other on if the Mii was overdone compared to the Yuu...I have no idea what you look like. :) For some reason I was thinking blonde...maybe cuz LM is blonde.

M said...

Hey! You sound like me lately. Except you have an alien in your belly allowing you the excuse of screaming. I'm just a bitch.