Thursday, June 12, 2008

This is Why Other Countries Think Americans are Brainwashed

Last night I wasn't in the mood to watch Extra and get my fill on the fight between Brad and Angelina and what the nursery should look like, since as a normal non-millionaire person, Tiny Man is just inheriting Little Man's baby room.

Instead, I put it on Wheel of Fortune and was amazed to discover that Little Man is even more into the show that I am. As in, he actually clapped everytime they spun the wheel and felt bad for the contestants when the buzzer told them there were no "C's" in Mount Rushmore.

During one commercial break, Little Man was so excited that he began to jump up and down because he just couldn't wait for more wheel madness.

"I love my show!" he exclaimed, his whole face lit up.

"Oh, really," I said, feeling snarky. "This is your show now."

- Yeah! It's my show! I love to watch my show!

- So, if this is your show, what's it called then?"

Little Man ponders this for a split second begins to jump up and down and screams "It's called AAAAAMEEEEERICA!!!!!!"

Of course, this is also the kid who asked me for ranch dressing with his strawberries the other night, something no French or Canadian person would ever be caught dead doing.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I was right there with him in spirit until I got to strawberry and ranch dressing part.

ICK

Hallie :)

the planet of janet said...

i'm with hallie.

strawberries and ranch dressing? that's something no self-respecting PERSON would eat. nationalities aside... ;-)

Emma in Canada said...

Ewww...did you let him have the ranch?

I was never a fan of Wheel of Fortune, but Saoirse did love it around LM's age.


So funny that he says America, I thought that was just a European thing.

justmylife said...

We used to watch wheel, then I couldn't help but scream at the stupid ones and my husband made me turn it off, before Little Miss learned new words. heh!

CanadAmerican said...

I just want to say that I love your blog. I can't remember how I stumbled across it, but I'll be honest and say that I have been lurking in the shadows reading your posts. I thought it was about time to send you a comment.

I also moved from Canada to the US of A to marry my husband three years ago, and I was just as shocked to see people using Ranch and hot sauce on everything.

You are hilarious!

Tina said...

DS has loved Wheel of Fortune since very early on (we sort of forget to change the channel after the news). Last night I watched his eyes glaze right over while watching it. He's 10 months old and completely mesmerized by it for whatever reason.

Susan@stopcallingmethat said...

Introduce that Little Man to dipping chocolate - fast!!!!


Too cute!

Julie said...

Emily likes to dip pizza in ranch. And hot dogs. Never fruit though! : )

Kathryn said...

Strawberries and chocolate? YES! Strawberries and ranch? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

That Chick Over There said...

Strawberries and ranch?

NOT. WORD.

Sandi said...

Ewwwwww! Ranch and strawberries????

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

You're totally making that up. You have to be. No way are there TWO kids who live and die by Wheel of Fortune AND like Ranch on strawberries. Well, mine likes strawberries with absolutely anything and everything--pancakes, pasta, bread, etc. It's not surprising that Ranch is part of her list.

Little Man ROCKS.

Marmarbug said...

Okay ew on the ranch bit. I would stop that soon. But Wheel of Fortune is good! It will teach him to um...read!!!!!!
YAY!!!

And thanks for the comment the other day. When I first got HELLP I felt like the biggest weirdo since no one else I knew ever had it. Then I got online and boom! I met a lot of people.

We are SO lucky.
How did you fin a high risk OB? I need to get a new one now that we moved.

Rachel said...

Ok, ranch on strawberries? I think he's been watching your pregnant self eat and picking up bad ideas. EWWWW!!!

Colleen said...

"I'm a wheel watcher!"

yep...me and my kids love watchin' the Wheel of Fortune. And one night we let Gavin stay up to watch the Prime Time Million Dollar Price is Right and I thought that child was going to lose his mind! He LOVED it!

squishytushy said...

Okay... GRRR-OOOSSSS!

(BTW, a friend of mine in high school went on to become a Big Wheel Winner & they ended up taking most of her loot back in taxes!)