Thursday, June 19, 2008

Story Time with Little Man

I've written before about how Little Man sometimes likes to be the one who tells a bedtime story, instead of having his Daddy or me do it.

Last night, when I was putting him to bed, Little Man told me he wanted to tell me a story, and asked me what I wanted to hear a story about.

Since he often requests stories about the baby in my tummy, I thought I'd let him take a crack at a story about his baby brother.

Little Man: "Once upon a time, there was a baby in Mama's tummy. And the baby went 'waaah waaah waah' (said with fists balled up in front of his eyes in best baby imitation). Then baby went into a forest. And a lion saw baby and went 'ROAAAAR!' And then lion eat the baby."

Me: "What??? No! The lion doesn't eat the baby! That's not a good story!"

Little Man: "Yes. Lion eat the baby. The end."

I'm thinking the novelty of the baby brother is already starting to wear off.

Love,

Catwoman.

21 comments:

the planet of janet said...

oops. time for a new story!!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Note to self Catwoman:

Watch Little Man VERY CLOSELY at zoo when new baby arrives.

Hallie :)

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

But that's a good story! He's so smart to know that he needs a REALLY big cat to eat the baby, because a normal house cat just won't do the job. He.is.a.genius.

random_mommy said...

Whoa.... I just had a weird foreshadowing feeling that LM will be a writer one day... and a very successful one...

seriously.

Lynsey said...

Darn Lions!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness!!! That's priceless!

Sandi said...

And so begins the cold, harsh light of reality of big brotherhood....

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

If Tiny Man is as big as you say he is, this won't be a problem for long. And, is it wrong that I laughed out loud at the story?

Jordan said...

I love his certainty and finality- no messing around in determining Tiny Man's fate: "Yes... The end." At least he has creative confidence! (And is hysterical)

Kellie said...

Little Man is not to be left alone with Tiny Man. Especially if Little Man is hungry :)

beautyishere.net said...

:) What an imagination Little Man has.

Kathryn said...

Oh dear. There goes that vivid imagination.

Susan@stopcallingmethat said...

He's already the quintessential big brother. Just wait until he tries to sell elevator tickets to your belly...

Marmarbug said...

Okay I know I shouldn't but I am LOL!
That's allI have to say.
"The end"

Ms. Porter said...

Look out baby bro, Little Man means business! Funny!
Hey do you have a French Canadian accent? I'm trying to picture you in my mind over here.

justmylife said...

Oh, that's not a good sign!

Julie said...

Oh boy, you're in for some fun!

Colleen said...

yep...you're in trouble! I'll expect to hear about wrestling matches between your two boys in about a year from now. :)

That Chick Over There said...

Oh dear Lord.

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Yikes, definitely no unsupervised playtime....

Rachel said...

I know that shouldn't be funny, but, it really is.