Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Showing All the Signs of Being a Troublemaker

Sunday was very scary.

I didn't want to blog about it yesterday, because it was the day of Little Man's monthly letter. Also, I didn't really know if things were good or bad, so why blog when you don't have answers yet?

On Sunday, I went to the bathroom and noticed two spots of blood in my underwear. They weren't dark, but I knew it was blood nonetheless. I stopped breathing right there and then, closed my eyes, willed those two spots away, but they were there, no matter how much I wanted them to not be.

I peed, and when I wiped,there was a pinkish tinge on the toilet paper.

I called the doctor on duty, who wasn't my doctor, but was the one I asked you, bloggy friends, month ago if I should go with, the new young doctor from the practice, who was just out of her residency.

She asked me if I'd had marital relations that morning or the day before, and ironically, I hadn't done anything in a week. I told her that our Saturday was very hectic, and that I ended up hauling my 30-pound Little Man more than I normally do.

She advised me to get on the couch and stay ther for the rest of the day, after she made sure I wasn't cramping in any way. She told me that should the spotting turn to bleeding, or should I begin to cramp, to call her on the way to the emergency room.

As the day progressed, the spotting got lighter and lighter and I was relieved. But not completely. Was this a sign of trouble? Was there something wrong?

I didn't sleep much that night. I thought I didn't sleep at all, but Sweetie Pie assured me that his cell phone rang at 3 a.m. with a wrong number and I didn't even stir.

On Monday morning, I called the doctor's office and decided to move my Wednesday check-up to Monday, just so I could have peace of mind again.

They scheduled me for an afternoon appointment, including a sonogram. I told Sweetie Pie to drop everything and meet me, because if the songram technician could figure out the sex of the baby, this Mama was finding out, husband or no husband present.

The technician began the sonogram and looked, silently, measuring things, my heart pounding the entire time, but I was too afraid to ask if everything was ok, unsure I wanted to hear the answer until he'd checked everything.

Eventually he nodded, smiled and said that everything looked great. Everything is where it should be, the placenta was well attached, the cord looks good, and my little trouble maker is doing just fine.

I exhaled sharply, feeling more relieved than I think I have in a very long time. And then I asked him something that I wanted to know just as much.

He smiled. "It's not cooperating, but I'm pretty sure I saw what I needed to tell you the sex."

He put the ultrasound wand back on my stomach, jiggled the baby a little bit, until it slowly turned around and tried to kick in the direction of the ultrasound technician, who smiled real wide and said "yup, there it is, our money shot, it's a boy!"

Love,

Catwoman.

43 comments:

Lynsey said...

Yeah! Little boys are so fun! And I'm so glad to hear everything is ok...so scary!!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

A BOY!!!! Yeah!!! I am so happy for you that all is well with the little guy.

And as a mother of 2 boys myself, I can tell you that it is simply wonderful.

(most of the time!)

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

random_mommy said...

I wondered how you knew already... I had thought you found out the 4th. Glad all is well!

We know you make gorgeous little boys, so I expect nothing else from this little one!

And the wardrobe!! LM's got a wardrobe any metrosexual man would covet!

AndreAnna said...

Glad everything was okay! What a relief!

And congrats on the boy - how exciting!

RedDaisy said...

Congrats on the boys! Just think...none of the girl drama to deal with.

I'm two weeks from being done with my second boy...I went through the spotting thing at the beginning as well. Good luck!! I'm glad all is well.

Just think...you will be queen and you have all your boys to take care of you.

Rachel said...

OH YAAAAAAY!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! OMG, 2 boys??? Holy hell!

I am so glad that everything was perfect, but I know that must have been scary!

Becca said...

Congratulations!! So sorry that you had to do it under those cimcumstances but I'm so glad things are great and happy you are having another boy, although I as SURE it was a girl this time with how sick you have been. 2 boys is such a wonderful thing...you are so blessed!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Thank goodness everything is OK. You are not allowed to have any sort of complications whatsoever. My orders.

Yay! for another boy! You'll save a fortune, for one, and I'm sure Little Man will love being the Big Man of the house. Woooohooooo!

monster's momma said...

so sorry for the scare, I'm glad everything is good!! Congrats again!!!!

the planet of janet said...

whew! glad everything is ok!!!

and as someone who had 3 boys before finally having the girl -- lucky lucky you! ;-)

wherewiller said...

So glad all is well - and welcome to the world of two boys!! I thought I was a little disappointed when we found out number 2 was a boy. But I am SO glad for so many reasons. Congrats to all of you.

Julie said...

Another boy!!! How fun. Get ready for them to beat the shit out of each other and rough house. That is what little boys do right? I have no clue with only girls! : )

Becca said...

giving you trouble already, signs of fun to come! congrats!

CPA Mom said...

SQUEELLLLLLL....on a healthy baby because I am such a nut for babies? I'd be so excited for you either way.

damn, texas is a long way away.

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

Still happy for you. Hubby was wondering if you guys could pinpoint timing. Cause, you know? We want another boy, too.

Holy COW! My verification says poke in sex: pokincxz

Kellie said...

In the beginning, I was teary eyed praying it wasn't a post of bad news. Then, I was teary eyed because the baby (and you) are fine. And now I'm teary eyed because the baby is a boy.

SO SO SO glad you and Tiny Man are okay!!

justmylife said...

Glad everything was OK. And another little boy. I have two boys and a girl, the boys were easier!

Morgan said...

Woohoo! A boy! Yay! Glad everything was great! :)

Elaine A. said...

I came over from AFF's place. So glad that your baby is fine. I know that can be scary.

And, two boys - yay! That's what I have and it's a lot of fun (and farting, but that's ok!) ; )

Jordan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Yay for the boy! I'm so sorry you had to find out in such a stomach-dropping way.

My friends and I had our money on a girl, but now I'm glad we were wrong! And I LOVE Kellie's suggestion above of referring to 'the avocado' as Tiny Man. :)

Kathryn said...

Yay for boys!!!! Congratulations!!!

Daphne said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! I know it was very scary.

Yay for another baby boy! Did you tell Little Man, and what did he say?

Ms. Porter said...

ohhhh your little baby boy is going to give your big baby boy a run for his money!!! congratulations on your baby boy! it looks like you've got a good start to your very own hockey team!
wonderful news...i'm sorry that you had to experience the scariness of it all. now get your feet up!

Chas said...

Congratulations!! Brothers seem to have such a special relationship!

I'm so sorry about the spotting. I know how you feel. I had it non-stop until week 10, and then I had a little more at week 14. It's very scary. Hopefully, yours is gone for good!

jempress said...

oh wow, that is scary - but i'm so glad he's okay. it's probably a sign of things to come, your little trouble-maker rebel :). congrats on baby boy #2 - i'm so excited about our little boys playing together!!!!!!!! (can you tell by the # of exclamation points?)

A Spot of T said...

I am SO glad everything is ok. Now stop lugging little man around before you give me a freakin heart attack!!! Seriously, I stopped breathing until I read everything was ok. And huge congratulations on having another boy. Yeeehawwww are you gonna have fun now LOL

Poodlehead said...

Tell hubby way to hit that egg right on time!!! Congrats!

Stefanie said...

So exciting! I bled through my first trimester so I know the worry that accompanies spotting. But this is awesome news. Brothers!!! yay! They can blow shit up together. And compare penises or whatever...sorry, maybe I crossed the line there. It's what I do.

Emma in Canada said...

Crap, I knew I should have gotten over my fear of being a loser and rang you last night. Damn me for not reading blogs today!

I am so, so happy for you, and I must admit a teeny tiny bit jealous. Oh, how I want a boy!

And funnily enough, when we were chatting in gmail yesterday I was going to ask you- before it booted me- if you had read Chas but I see she has left you a comment. I thought you might have a bit in common with her with the spotting fears.

Again, so very happy for you!

my minivan is faster than yours said...

What a relief! I promised myself as I was reading that I wouldn't read ahead to the end to see if everything turned out alright, but alas, I suck. So I did!

Today Brynn had 6,394 barretts in her hair at one point or another. Another boy? Not too shabby!

Marmarbug said...

THANK GOD!!!! I would have freaked too!!
I had bleeding with Bean around that point. Turns out I had a UTI. Spotting was my ONLY symptom.
They did a urine sample right? To be sure?
AND YAY! Another boy! (I personally think boys are awesome!!!!)

Haphazardkat said...

Oh man--what an emotional roller coaster ride!! PHEW!
I'm so excited for you that you have another little man on the way!!!!!

Nina Diane said...

what a relief.......I'm so glad everything is ok.
and a boy...woo hoo!

Lindsay said...

Glad to hear everything is ok. That is so scary. I had a scare like that with my second and he turned out just fine. Ornery but fine. Congrats on another baby boy!

Gerbil said...

whew, glad all is well. congrats on more boyness!

Chickie said...

Yay for the wang!

Tonya said...

Glad everything was ok with the blood. I had that with two of the kids. Congrats on the BOY!

Just Me said...

Congrats!! I had a similar scare (at about the same time too) with bleeding. Turned out it was a broken blood vessel. It's so scary when you don't know what's going on, I'm glad to hear everything is good! And another boy!! We're having another boy too here in a week or so! It'll be nice for your Little Man to have a playmate. =D

A's Mom said...

Yeah! Another bouncing baby boy!

monster's momma said...

i had to make it an even 40 (!!)comments! ;)

Bren said...

How scary for you! I'm glad everything is okay and congrats on another boy!

~Denise~ said...

Glad things are okay, and congrats on another addition to the blue team!

Colleen said...

so glad to hear all is well and that it was probably a little too much (not so) Little Man carrying.

congrats on another boy! Mine are the same age difference as yours will be and they adore each other. It's so sweet. I'm sure yours will be best-buds, too (plus, if my math is correct, you will be able to reuse all of Little Man's old clothes and they will be in the correct season/size for the baby...).