Friday, May 30, 2008

Potty Humor

Little Man had to pee for approximately the 1,500th time of the day. You don't realize how small a kid's bladder is until you remove their diaper and make them tell you every time a drop of pee forms in their bladder.

Since I'm pregnant and usually need to go, as soon as Little Man got off the toilet, I decided that I would go as well. I have probably peed dozens of times in front of Little Man during his life, in my feeble attempts to convince him that all the cool people don't pee themselves.

But this time, he actually took interest in my going. And he said to me "Mama, are you holding your pen!s down?"

And here we go...

"Actually, Little Man, Mamas don't have pen!ses. Only boys like Little Man and Daddy do."

This confuses Little Man. He comes closer and peers down, to see why I'm refusing to hold mine down, when I make him do it.

"Whoah!," he says as he looks down. "Mama not have a pen!s? Mama has hair on her poo poo?"

It was kind of hard to teach him anything after that, because I was too busy trying not to fall off the toilet in the midst of my laughter.

Love,

Catwoman.

15 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

If momma has hair on her poo poo, I think momma is wiping the wrong way!

Hallie :)

AndreAnna said...

Charlotte actually cried when I told her Daddy didn't have a vagina. She thought he was missing something. Having this baby boy should make for some interesting conversations.

the planet of janet said...

my oldest son used to call it my "fur" ... whacked-out kids!!

justmylife said...

I love kids. You never know what they will say or to who they will say it to. My daughter pointed out to my granddaddy that I had hair down there! Then wanted to know if he did. I don't know who turned redder me or him. heh!

Stephanie said...

Oh. My. Gosh!

I'm cracking up right now. I would be so lost with a little boy because I would have no clue how to respond to that. Hahaha!

At least he pays attention to detail right?

Julie said...

Nothing gets by that kid! : )

And Hallie cracked me up!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

That kid. Mine's yet to do that to me. He's already standing up? Cause you know, when mine is in public, I get the job of holding the pen!s, because he's too much of a germophobe to touch it. Oy vey potty training is a pain in the arse.

Marmarbug said...

LOL! Yeah we have had the mommys are different talk.
I love the hair on the poo-poo comment!

Kathryn said...

HAHAHA!!! That is hilarious! My boys ask me over and over again why I don't have a penis. hehehe

Rachel said...

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I totally needed to read something that hilarious before I leave work for the day!!!!

Nina Diane said...

kids just keep it real don't they....

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Note to self: No more naked anybody around the house so as to avoid such conversations. Will need to purchase full body armor for cats and dogs and make sure the mailman keeps his pants on when he's around. And the landscapers. Must remember to force clothing on the landscapers.

Emma in Canada said...

Haha...that totally reminded me of the time saoirse called her dad's penis his poop. Sometimes when I go down there, I think about it and the moment is totally over.

Anyhoo...I'm so impressed you have him hold it down. Hopefully that will keep your floor dry for many pees to come.

~Denise~ said...

Gotta love the discovery stage.

Colleen said...

how funny! Gavin thought my pubic hair was poop...and I just posted on this same subject 2 days before you did. :)