Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Oh to Be Two Years Old Again

I think I'm jealous of my son. There, I've said it. The truth is out. I mean, first of all? He's way better looking than me. He's got huge blue eyes, I've got teeny squinty eyes. He's got this awesome blonde surfer dude hair that women of all ages love to run their hands through. No woman ever tries to run their hand through my mousy out-of-control hair.

But most of all? I'm jealous of the fact that my son, at two years old, can make any crazy request he damn well pleases, without anyone thinking he's insane. I, on the other hand, am told that "it's your crazy pregnant women hormones acting up again."

Maybe it's not the hormones, maybe I just want weird stuff and ain't afraid to ask for it, ok?

Here are some of the things Little Man has asked for in the past week.

On the way home from work and school one night: "Mama's driving? How about Little Man's turn to drive now?"

One night when I served chicken and asked him if he wanted ketchup: "No thank you, just chocolate on chicken please."

Last night, in front of the television, when he decided he wanted something sweet to eat after dinner. "I want a treat, in a baggie, in Daddy's truck."

After we finished his Home Depot kids' workshop project, which is supposed to be a Mother's Day present. "This isn't for Mama. It's for Little Man. Little Man made it, not Mama."

In case anyone's wondering, I want a unicorn. And for Doritos to bring back their hot wings and blue cheese flavor. Also, I really would like Paul Walker to show up at my house wearing nothing but a smile.

Love,

Catwoman

20 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Sorry, but Paul Walker is currently detained. In my basement.

nottryingforaboy said...

"Little Man's turn to drive." Love it!

Kellie said...

I hate to break it to Burgh Baby's Mom, but she has an impersonator in her basement.

The real Paul Walker is currently detained.

In my closet.

Wearing nothing but a smile.

Damn, he's yummy.

Julie said...

The chocolate on chicken must be the French in him speaking. Sounds very fancy! : )

Marmarbug said...

I think all of the above posters are wrong about Paul. As you can see we are on a first name basis. Cause we are tight like that. He is actually sitting at work with me rubbing my feet. Sorry.
I may be able to send you a pic of him rubbing my feet.

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Who's Paul Walker? I thought it was Tom you wanted as your #1 lick like a lolly?

You need to give me the times for this Home Depot gig. My hubby needs to take our tyke. And, mine's been wanting to drive for months. He keeps telling me he's 16 now.

Nina Diane said...

also add to the list that little kids can go out in public wearing anything they want.....and no one thinks anything of it! Like in the grocery store the other day, I saw superman, 2 ballerina's and a pirate.....and it's not even close to Halloween!

Gerbil said...

Little Man makes me happy.

and i don't even know who Paul Walker is!

Kathy said...

Me and one of my mom friends were JUST talking about this. My daughter woke up and was pretty much whining and crying all morning. I'm watching the train wreck unfold and I'm thinking, what could possibly have happened to make you so angry first thing in the morning?? You don't even wipe your own butt!!

I want someone to wipe my butt.

Is that too much to ask??

Joy T. said...

Doritos had hot wings and blue cheese flavor?? Holy crap! And I must google this Paul Walker because apparently I live under a rock.

Blue Momma said...

Sorry, folks, but Paul just wiped the sweat from his brow as he walked into the kitchen to get me a nice, tall glass of water so that I don't get dehydrated. Again.

That Paul is sure multitalented......

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I just love their randomness at this age.

BritGal' Sarah said...

MMMmmmm Chocolate coated chicken, that boy's gonna go far with the girlies!

Karen said...

Does Paul Walker come with chocolate? Cause that would be awesome.

Mamma Schmoo said...

I googled Paul Walker......mmmmmm.

I agree with Karen...chocolate on Paul Walker, of course, still with a smile on though.

Marmarbug said...

Tagged you for a meme!

Rachel said...

How about chocolate Paul Walker on a unicorn?

Or is that just weird?

If it's weird, I was kidding.

A's Mom said...

At least some of his requests are actually do-able. May not be the best thing to put chocolate on chicken, but hey it's worth a taste, right?

Kellie said...

How about chicken on Paul Walker topped with chocolate.

Mmmm....Mmmm...Good.

Emma in Canada said...

Canada still has hot wing and blue cheese flavour. Let me know if the urge for some ever gets out of control.