Friday, May 16, 2008

Dear Government:

So supposedly, you're supposed to be supposedly sending me some supposed money.

Because I am personally responsible for stimulating the economy.

This is a responsibility that I don't take very lightly. Especially, when just two months ago, you decided that instead of big fat return, that we are apparently rich enough to owe you 5,000. I have to say, that considering I grocery shop at Walmart to make our budge work, I'm a little surprised by the tax bill. But whatever, I understand that there are government workers in need or 85-dollar hammers and 200-dollar staplers, and so even though that could be 5,000 dollars I invest for my retirement or my children's college education, I turned it over to you without nary a complaint. OK, fine, I did complain, but admit you would too, government if someone tried to take a bunch of money from you that you'd worked pretty hard for.

But I figured, it's ok, in a month we'll get that tax-stimulus money and my dreams of saving up for hardwood floors will once again be a reality.

And you said that I would receive it by May 16th.

You know what today is? For the record, without me sounding like a smart ass, today is May the 16th. And I just looked in my bank account and it's short 1,500 dollars. So what's the deal? Did you decide that I wasn't worthy of the money? Because in case this didn't make its way to you, we have a baby on the way. And babies are expensive. They need things like doctors and delivery rooms and diapers. Also, if my boobies fail their mission again, they need formula. Also, babies really, really need hardwood floors.

This one's not covered in most pregnancy books, so you'll just have to believe me on that one.

Love,

Catwoman in Texas.

(Unless this letter pisses you off, government and then it's not Catwoman. It's AFF from down the street from Catwoman, ok?)

19 comments:

Julie said...

Our check was direct deposited today from the gov't. Let me tell you, it was $1500 either. I cannot figure out their scale as to who gets what but $1500 WOULD have been nice.

J said...

Catwoman,
I had this same problem, and eventually got the answer to mine. I hope this helps you!

If you filed your taxes through Turbo Tax, or anyone else who uses Santa Barbara Bank and Trust, your tax rebate check will be mailed to you. Not Direct deposited.

This is because the IRS never got your bank information due to Turbo Tax using SBBT when they charge you to file your taxes. Basically, the SBBT was the middle man, and the middle man may be what screwed you.

The IRS will not put that in your letter. I got that letter yesterday, and it said if I do not recieve my check in 6 weeks to then call. BS, if you ask me.

I hope this may have helped you. Have a wonderful day!

From, J.........finally delurking again after all this time.

Becca said...

Feel your pain. I think I could have sold an important body part for the amount that we gave them this year. We didn't get our money today either, and now my husband just now decides to tell me that since we didn't file electronically we probably won't get it until July 4th. So I'm guessing now's probably not the best time for me to tell him what I just ordered!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Well, love, it's coming at some point. It's just going to be an unexpected surprise. And, believe you me: DO NOT GET HARDWOOD. It's the pits.

the planet of janet said...

grr. i'm still on extension... so mine is d.e.l.a.y.e.d. until i get my act together.

sigh.

justmylife said...

My son was suppose to have his direct deposited by the 6th, it still isn't there. He is mad! I wonder how they figure the amount that you get, My in-laws got $600. and a neighbor said he got $2600. He has 3 kids but, it just didn't add up. Hope you get your check soon, I am hopeing to get mine soon.

Chas said...

I'm glad you brought this up...I don't know if ours was received or not.

beach mama said...

Mine got put in my account last SATURDAY. So heads up...maybe it will be there tomorrow.

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

AFF is WRONG. Hardwood is the bomb. Now carpet, that is the flooring of the devil.

beautyishere.net said...

Oh, no! Hopefully you get things sorted out soon! :)

Karen said...

I do not want to be the one to give bad news, but I heard rumor that only those getting a tax return were getting a stimulus check.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Kellie said...

Stimulus checks?! What's that? Oh. Right. It's what the government dangled in front of people and then said HA!! Fooled you--you don't get a stimulus check. Bastards!! We owed a crapton of money AGAIN (apparently? The IRS felt the 20 plus grand Jimmy paid wasn't enough) and nope--no stimulus check for us.

But, here's to hoping you get your's.

Kristi O said...

all my friends have gotten their check by me. I think I pissed off the irs god somewhere. I am sorry I just want my money.

Daphne said...

Ours was suppose to be direct deposited on the 7th, but it showed up on the bank computers on the 6th. They just couldn't "post" it until the 7th.
I hope you figure out what's going on!

my minivan is faster than yours said...

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby and tell us? Am I off topic again?

duckrazzle said...

A bulletin board-type site to talk about bloggers!



It’s brand new – get it going the way you would like to see it! New topics at will, and forums by request are yours for the asking.



Blogs are a wonderful way for the blogger to express his or her viewpoint…but they don’t allow much feedback if you happen to disagree, or if you really agree and want to amplify on it.



Razzlefratz.com provides a clean slate for you to vent…praise…flame…whatever.

Nina Diane said...

a check? from the gov't? why I've never..........

Marmarbug said...

Yeah we just heard about that Turbo tax shit. Ooops I mean sugar if any young ears are around. Pisses me off to no end.
We won't be getting ours till June. Bastards. Okay I need to go. My potty mouth is just awful.

Rachel said...

I filed with Turbo Tax and still got mine direct deposited. Just sayin.