Monday, April 21, 2008

Surprisingly, I Came Back

But only because I needed more money in order to go back to Hawaii some day and braid my hair and live off of coconut milk and crabs I catch using only my pinky finger.

In case you don't know this, Hawaii? It is very, very awesome. I strongly recommend it, unless you're one of those people who doesn't like turquoise blue waters and warm sand and sunshine and pina coladas. To which I tell you that I'm glad I'm not you.

Little Man spent the whole week not wearing shoes. He decided he hated sand in his sandals and used that as his reasoning for not wearing shoes. Even if we walked on the road, he'd claim that there was sand in his shoes and the horror of it was just too much for him to bear. He also decided that wearing shirts was the way for the man to keep him down, dude. His hair was a little long when we left, so he had the total surfer look down.

And now we're back. And I'll tell you that Texas? Doesn't look so sexy when you're coming back from Hawaii. Sweetie Pie and I plotted most of Thursday about how we could possibly figure out a way to move to Hawaii permanently. And Little Man is totally on board, because he said to me in the car on our way home from grocery shopping on Saturday "Mama, I want to go back to Hawaii-a." And all I could say was "don't we all."

Other reasons to love Hawaii? No morning sickness there. Although, I was permanently hungry and ate my way through the island, reminding the locals of the Jurassic Park shoot. I came home, realized that I hadn't emptied the fridge before leaving, took one look at a bottle of chai tea protein drink that had curdled and barely made my way to the toilet before throwing up my Cheeseburger in Paradise guacamole burger from last Monday.

So obviously, new baby isn't happy with being back in Texas either.


Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Weren't you gone for like a month? Felt like it.

Shirts and shoes are highly overrated. Little Man is one smart little surfer dude who, by the way, looks WAY TOO FREAKIN' CUTE in that photo. I think the cute just made me ovulate. Gah!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Return of the vomit comet. And, damn is BBM fast?! Oh, and by the way, I have a friend who lived in HI and said the novelty wears off quickly. Then you get claustrophobic about living on an island in the middle of the ocean. Just to make you feel better about your return to the lower 48.

Anonymous said...

more pictures! more pictures!
vaca sounds dreamy, glad you all had a good time!!!

(*this is the 5th time ive tried to hit publish on this comment...sorry if it shows up so many times, WTF@!?)

xoxoxo, beebop

random_mommy said...

Welcome back! I am plotting my trip to Hawaii right now...

I think it's a girl. Do what Jempress did, expectnet.com so we can all guess.

Daphne said...

glad you had a good time. I'd love to go to Hawaii!!!

Add more pics from your trip!!!!

Rachel said...

Welcome back!! I guess that means you had a good time and were not infected with sand fleas and bad weather? Well, shit.

I love that picture!

my minivan is faster than yours said...

That is one cute lil surfer dude! When are we finding out the sex of the baby? If you say 28 more weeks, there's gonna be a problem here!

Joy T. said...

That picture is so cute! He looks like he's been in Hawaii forever with his surfer dude look. Welcome back!

Beccy said...

Sounds fab, I wish I was there!

AndreAnna said...

I would sell my kidney (not my liver - I need that) on the black market to live there. It was seriously one of the best times of my life.

That picture is perfect!

So glad you're back. I need someone to commiserate with. This pregnancy is kicking my ass.

Emma in Canada said...

I wanna go to Hawaii! How about when the new baby is old enough to leave we have a bloggy get together there?

Hey, I can dream.

monster's momma said...

you'll have to start referring to little man as little dude! email me pics!!! (so very jealous) :)

Shalini said...

Ohhh now I can't wait til we get to go.. sounds absolutely divine!

Little Man looks euphoric there in that picture!

squishytushy said...

So happy you had such a great vacation! But even happier you're back and can get your rear back to posting cuz some of us here have missed you!!!

CPA Mom said...

I went to Hawaii back in 97 and would LOVE to go again - I'm so glad you loved it too.

If you figure out how to relocate, let me know so I can go too, ok?

That Chick Over There said...

I love that photo. Now give some more woman!