Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Why Women Will Always Be the Superior Sex

We got a crazy amount of rain yesterday in Dallas, so that there was flash flooding a little all over town. This isn't exactly something unusual, to Dallas, massive rain storms is like snow storms to the Northern States and Canada, it's just a part of life. You would think that with the fact that the roads get drowned in rain a couple of times a year,that people would learn and you wouldn't see footage on the local news of morons in large SUV's who thought they could make it through the flooded streets, but apparently morons don't watch the news and therefore cannot learn from the mistakes of other morons that have come before them.

Last night, Sweetie Pie and I are in bed watching the 10 p.m. news and they break in with an excitable reporter who is on the scene of the most dramatic water rescue ever. I would have made a good reporter, I think, because I tend to speak in hyperboles like that too.

The reporter goes on to explain that there is an SUV stuck in the water, and the couple has been sitting on the roof, after escaping through their sun roof for more than two hours now and that the rescue crews are still working at not mocking them long enough to actually rescue them.

The reporter then goes on to explain that the SUV went around a barrier that was put in place so that people wouldn't go on the flooded road.

I turn to Sweetie Pie and say "Hundred bucks says the man was driving. Only a man would be stupid enough to go around a safety barrier."

Sweetie Pie ponders this for a split second and says "Of course he was driving. But the reason that he drove around the barrier in the first place is his wife wouldn't stop bitching at him and he figured the risk was worth it if it meant getting home two minutes earlier so that he can get away from her bitching."

Which of course is totally what happened. Of course the wife is to blame, that her incessant nagging is what drove this man to disobey the obvious and drive through standing water about two feet high. But as I pointed out to Sweetie Pie, was the risk really worth it in the end? Since he had to be stranded on the roof of the SUV for two hours with her as she told him over and over what a moron he is and how she would never have driven around the barrier and how she told him how many times before not to drive around those barriers and how her ex-boyfriend would never have driven around the barrier if she'd married him instead.

And I agree with her 100 percent.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Morgan Leigh said...

hahahahaha. That? Is so true.

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

I have a snaking suspicion that is EXACTLY what went down. Stupid boys.

Frances said...

Came across your blog on cr8buzz - also in Texas. :)

I will never understand, especially when flooding happens frequently, why people would drive into flooded areas. Idiots.

You are so right - typical males! lol.

AndreAnna said...

Yeah. I'm with you!

Emma in Canada said...

You're in bed by 10pm?

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

I am in shock you watch the news. But, that man, in addition to having to fork over a helluva lotta money for a new car, deserved every gripe his wife threw his way during those 2 hours. Your hubby sounds strangely like mine. That would have come out of his mouth, too.

David said...

Unless he was driving his married girlfriend home and was trying to drop her off before his own wife expected him home.....desperate times call for desperate measures....lol...

Rachel said...

You are 100% right!!

Stefanie said...

I know I would drive around a safety barrier to escape my daughter's incessant whining. Is that the same idea?

Gerbil said...

Oh and and? on top of all that??? He ain't gettin' any for a looooong time. Because he didn't listen, ruined their car, got them stuck, she froze her tush off in the rain waiting for rescue AND he landed them on the NEWS.

Sandy said...

what gerbil said. and he landed them on the news, with her hair looking like she'd been sitting on top of the friggin' SUV for 2 hours!

Bren said...

I saw that same news story but wasn't nearly as entertained. I need to start looking at it your way.

Joy T. said...

Well look at that. My husband has a long lost brother in Dallas that we didn't know about because my husband would have done the exact same thing. I kid you not. Only if 'I' was the wife stranded on the roof with him? I would have pushed him in the water exactly 2.5 minutes into the roof sitting.

my minivan is faster than yours said...

I always side with the woman, but let's face it, he probably should've jumped off the roof. I would've just to save myself two hours of having to listen to myself tell my husband what a dope he was for driving into a flood.

Melissa :) said...

I just found your blog from a blog off a blog of a blog. LOLOL!

I can't wait to read more...but...I live in Keller TX & I too saw on the news the idiots who "moved" the baracades (how do you spell that word??) & got stranded! That was crap! They wanted to get on tv & it worked. :)

Nice to meet you fellow Texan! LOL My hubster works in Irving. We're neighbors! Yeehaw!!! :)

Rose said...

I like it! You are SO right - only, if men didn't do dumb things, women wouldn't have so much to laugh about.