Monday, March 17, 2008

The Relativity of Love

Little Man likes to hold things. For example, on Saturday, he found a dead leaf in our garage and proceeded to clutch it like a priceless treasure all the way to Stride Rite.

Everyone was quiet in the car when Little Man suddenly shouted "I LOVE AUNT S.!"

Sweetie Pie and I looked at each other and smiled. "That's very sweet, Little Man."

A few moments later "I LOVE UNCLE M.!"

"Well, they'll both love to hear you say that."

"I LOVE MY LEAF!"

"Well, surely Aunt S. and Uncle M. will be glad to know they rate as high as your dead leaf."

The next day, Little Man once again proclaimed his love for his aunt and uncle to us. This time though, it was followed by "I LOVE TO EAT ICE CREAM!"

Ice cream and chocolate totally rate up there with the people I love too. This is what them smart kids call genetics.

Love,

Catwoman.

13 comments:

AndreAnna said...

And wine! Add the wine to the list!

Emma in Canada said...

So had he just spent time with this aunt and uncle or was it totally out of the blue? Enquiring minds want to know.

Rachel said...

And beer, right? I mean, he does live in Texas!

Kellie said...

The boy, clearly, has priorities :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Dead leaves? Hmmmm. Not sure they are LOVE WORTHY. Seems like Little Man has sooo much love to pass around that all things get to be included!

Love that little dude!

Hallie :)

Joy T. said...

I love to eat ice cream too. But I don't like my Aunt and Uncle. Maybe if I hold a dead leaf in my hand some feelings toward them will surface. Ok nope.

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

You know how yours normally does what mine does about four months later? Well, they are both doing this at the same time. We are really into LOVEing things, too. And, I never know what we might end up loving next. I'm so glad dead leaves are so valuable. I might be able to trade mine in for a BMW wagon?

Sandy said...

I love little men! oh wait, that sounds like a book title...lol.

Gerbil said...

What is it about toddlers and leaves?? J has a great love of dead leaves, too.

LMAO at Little Man running through his favorites, there.

Julie said...

Imagine if his aunt and uncle took him for ice cream in the fall - he'd be in heaven! : )

David said...

He doesn't pick up cat poop, does it......that could get you right into therapy.....

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

True love would be if Little Man were to stick a dead leaf in a box with some chocolate ice cream and mail it to his Aunt and Uncle. I bet they'd like that.

Kathryn said...

Well isn't he just a little love? Little stinker!