Wednesday, March 05, 2008

On Being Hot...

Two examples of how a toddler can make the expression "hot" way funnier than Paris Hilton ever could.

======================

The other day, I made Mexican rice and accidentally used hot Rotel (tomatoes and chili peppers for those outside of the South) instead of the mild kind. Little Man digs into his rice, and his eyes bulge out and he say "Oh my gosh Mama! I'm so hot! My mouth is so hot! It hurts my mouth!"

It's hard to demonstrate compassion for someone when you're laughing so hard, you're practically falling off the chair.

======================

This morning, Little Man comes into the bedroom as I'm getting ready and he's holding Sweetie Pie's chapstick. I ask Little Man if he'd like to put some on, not realizing that it's medicated chapstick.

As the tingling sensation starts, Little Man goes "Oh Mama! I'm so hot! I'm so hot!" as he pursed out his lips.

At first, not knowing that the chapstick is medicated, I thought Little Man had been watching American Idol too much. It was only as I was putting the chapstick away that I realized that in fact, Little Man's lips were being singed away.

========================

Sorry I haven't been as good about blogging or visiting during the past week. I'm completely slammed with a huge project around an event in Orlando that is happening next week and I'm literally waking up at night from the stress of this, which is seriously undercutting my time to blog.

But to those of you worrying, I'm still pregnant, things are good, my hormones have for the most part calmed down and my pooping is fantastically regular.

Love,

Catwoman.

22 comments:

Morgan Leigh said...

I'm so relieved to find out that you are pooping normal again, LOL!

Very cute stories! Zach has started saying "HELP!" a lot which makes for fun times. :)

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

That's so hot that your pooping is fantastically regular.

Sandi said...

My god. I'm so jealous about the pooping.

Julie said...

I've been waking up a night wondering about your pooping - glad to hear all is fantastic!

Scary thing - Abby has started using "hot" correctly - as in "he's hot". GACK!!!

Kellie said...

It's hot that you're pooping regularly. Send some regular pooping vives my way, huh?

:)

CPA Mom said...

that's good. I've been worried about your pooping...NOT!

Too funny Little Man!

monster's momma said...

rofl!!!
yay for sticking babies, calmer hormones, and regular crapping!

Emma in Canada said...

Do you get to go to Orlando? I might be very jealous if so. And demanding of a postcard too.

A's Mom said...

Hehehe! That's too funny!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

I knew there was something I forgot to give you? Metamucil.

Karin's Korner said...

YAY for regular pooping!! :)

Gerbil said...

*snicker*

You said pooping.

Joy T. said...

Glad to hear all is well....and I mean that in every poop way possible. Hope the project goes well and things calm down for you soon.

Nina Diane said...

so good to hear everything is good! and hot!

Poopydigs said...

What is it about toddlers and temperature? Ella is a total fan of the word "hot," and I don't think it's from watching too much of "A Simple Life"--at least not entirely. She loves to use the word hot as an excuse for slowing her eating down to a snail's pace, and insisting that daddy or I blow the poor kernel of rice to pieces. She also uses it as an excuse for wearing her princess dress ALL.DAY.LONG, because regular clothes are just too hot.

Kathryn said...

Yeah for regular poops! That makes everything better, doesn't it?

random_mommy said...

I'm appalled by the number of people across the country who are congratulating you on your regular pooping. People!! Less focus on CW's poop, more focus on funny LM stories!! Where are the LM comments??

I'm beginning to think your penis-shaped poop don't stink.

That Chick Over There said...

Hee!

Sandy said...

OK, if penis-shaped pooped (thanks, random mommy) doesn't get you googled by every perv in the world, there is no hope!

Glad to hear things are good. Quit trying to burn up the LM, though?

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Yay for regularity!!

Lisa said...

being a speed reader i couldn't help noticing the regular readers commenting on your..um..regularity? good job?

i was just going to say you are a peach and i'm glad i found your blog.

squishytushy said...

tee hee!!