Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The World Speaks to Me

There's this show that launched a few weeks ago that I haven't watched that's called Eli Stone. I might be getting the premise wrong, but basically this lawyer guy due to a tumor or something else has these visions, including one with George Michael singing "Faith" in his living room.

And these signs mean things in his life. Or something. Like I said, I haven't watched the show.

My point is, I, like Eli Stone, have feelings and trust the universe when it's trying to tell me something.

I have theme songs for everything. My theme song for life? Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Kind of Life" is my official theme song. Because at the end of the day, I have a very charmed life, but I'm always looking for more.

When I was pregnant with Little Man, our song was Rascall Flatt's "Broken Road," because it felt like it'd been a long winding road to get to the point of getting pregnant with him. I still get tears in my eyes when the song comes on the radio.

Before I miscarried, my pregnancy song had been Lifehouse's "First Time," because the lyrics just seemed to speak to my excitement and fear at being pregnant again:

"Looking at you, holding my breath
For once in my life I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance letting you inside

I'm feeling alive all over again
As deep as the scar, under my skin
Like being in love, she says, for the first time
Maybe I'm wrong, I'm feeling right
Where I belong with you tonight
Like being in love to feel for the first time

The world that I see inside you
Waiting to come to life
Waking me up to dreaming
Reality in your eyes

Looking at you, holding my breath
For once in my life I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance letting you inside"


And of course, after the miscarriage, that song would just bring me back to that painful day.

I mentioned yesterday that the earliest I could test this month was Thursday. I knew that anything before that day would be a waste of an expensive pregnancy test.

This morning, my alarm went off and on the radio came "First Time." I froze and then I knew that the universe had just told me to take a pregnancy test.

I peed on the test and waited, but I knew exactly what it would say, even before it lit up with much fanfare with the word "pregnant," a mere 20 seconds after I was done.

As Sweetie Pie put it, I'm more backed up than Central Expressway on a Friday afternoon.

But I've never been happier.

Love,

Catwoman.

39 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

I did not see that coming at all, but when I read the last little bit, I grinned from ear to ear.

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

Kellie said...

WHAT?! Here I am reading along and then get hit with that?!

AWESOME!!

Congrats! I'm so happy and excited for you!!

AndreAnna said...

I knew it would happen this month! I am so excited for you and I truly wish you the best with this pregnancy!

Nina Diane said...

wow......that is so awesome! I sit here at work with a big smile on my face for you! And if anyone ask, I'm just gonna say "Catwoman did it".....and then they will all go and talk about me in the conf room and say I'm crazy!!

martinigal said...

YAY for you!!! Congrats to the whole catwoman clan! :)

Sandy said...

Oh, congratulations! I'll be keeping you and your little ones in my prayers.

Vicky said...

Well that would explain the vomit, pee and no poo!! Congrats!!

ie said...

Oh goody! Congratulations to your growing family (not to mention the soon-to-be-growing belleh).

Woohoo!

Becca said...

Yay, yay, YAY! So excited for you! And Bless the Broken Road was our wedding song, so I tear up everytime I hear it too. :-)

myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

That is the best news EVER!!

Are you going to have a 3rd?

(Just wanted to be the ass who asked first :0)

Katie said...

WHOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!! I am so happy for you, Catwoman!!! What wonderful news! I hope to be following suit sometime this Summer after miscarrying at 13 weeks a month ago. I will be praying your new little bean "sticks" and that your pregnancy will be much easier than your first! Congratulations!!!!

Bren said...

Big, BIG congrats to you!!! And best of luck to you as well!

tami said...

I KNEW IT!!!! YEA!!!!! SO happy for you!

CPA Mom said...

oh my, about 1/2 way through, I thought, good lord, she's pregnant! And you are!! I'm so EXCITED FOR YOU!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

jempress said...

woo hoo! congrats, i love it when things just fall into place like that!! and, can i say, did i call it or what??? :).

monster's momma said...

woo hoo!! congrats!!!!

Rachel said...

HOLY FUCK!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU!!

Ok,I'm gonna stop yelling now.

It's funny how life works sometimes.

Now you don't have to put out anymore!

EWiller said...

Hurray for constipation and all the rest of the fun!! Looking forward to pregnancy blogging from you. Congrats to you all.

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

Yay. Thanks for calling to tell me. I'm very excited for you guys. Go for October 18th. It's Pup's b-day..and we know how smart he is, right! Friday afternoon on Central is a nightmare!

Karen said...

Yeah! So many congrats!

Emma in Canada said...

Yay! I'm soooo happy for you.

And you should totally watch Eli Stone. It's my new favourite show.

mumof4 said...

Och really chuffed for you - well well done!

random_mommy said...

I got chills. I'm so happy for you!

Morgan Leigh said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! How exciting! I'm so happy for you! :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Congrats! I am so hapy for you! I can't wait to read all about this exciting journey.

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!

Hallie :)

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Mamma Schmoo said...

Yay!! Congratulations...now that you know why you can't, I hope you poop soon!

Daphne said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

rookiemom said...

*Scream*

Congratulations! Yay! So happy for you, woman!

~Denise~ said...

Congrats!!!

Elle said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Congratulations!

Kat said...

Congratulations, that's awesome news!

Jenn said...

Congrats! I'm new here, what a great time to become a fan!!

Slick said...

WOOOOHOOOOOO, girl!!!!

I'm happy for ya'll....seriously :)

Jesse said...

OMG, I'm so happy for you, I'll be praying for you and your little one that all goes well. :)

Melissa said...

OMG I miss a day and see what happens? CONGRATS!! :)

As soon as you posted about the "back-up" I thought that was a good sign!! Yipee!!!

squishytushy said...

YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I am seriously sooo happy for you!!!!

Ms. Porter said...

I'm so happy for you...unfortunately, I didn't find out by reading this post. When I clicked on your blog in my bloglines I waited to see the ticker showing when you would be checking again and lo and behold there are wee little babembryos! Yeah!!!!

A's Mom said...

Congrats!! So happy for you!!

Sorry, I'm a little behind on reading/posting.