Thursday, February 07, 2008

How Rumors Get Started

I showed up to pick up Little Man from school yesterday and found him snuggling with the school's receptionist. Little Man is rarely in a snuggling mood, and when he is, it's usually pretty rare, so I thought this was a little odd. For dinner, I made chicken fajitas and Little Man didn't eat any of it and drank three glasses of milk instead. I cut up two organic kiwis for him, his newest addiction, but he took two bites and then gave up.

A little before bed time, Little Man's head was burning up and then I knew that he was officially not feeling well. I gave him a dose of children's ibuprofen, changed him into his pajamas, and Sweetie Pie put him to bed. While we were chilling on the couch, we heard Little Man whimpering numerous time in his sleep.

This morning, when I went to get him, he was still warm and he snuggled with me the whole time I was eating breakfast and got ready, as I had to go to work to get my laptop in order to work from home (and write blog entries and read blogs, of course).

I told Little Man that we would go to my work really quickly and he replied "okay, I love the farm."

For the record, I don't work on a farm.

Although, being in media relations, I have dealt with reporters who were pigs.

And I have had a couple of bosses in my previous life that were quite the hormonal cows.

So I can totally understand how he could be mistaken.

Love,

Catwoman.

24 comments:

Morgan Leigh said...

OmG! That is hilarious! Not about Little Man not feeling well, but saying he likes the farm. LOL! Hope he feels better soon! :)

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

I've worked with a few hormonal cows in my time as well. Good to know that I'm not alone.

Enjoy the snuggles while they last; I'm sure Little Man will be up and running in no time.

fantasticvoyage said...

speedy recovery littleman! a day home with mama will make you feel better in no time!

Julie said...

A farm? Too funny. You should ask him what it is you do all day - should be a funny answer if you work on a farm.

A's Mom said...

And don't forget about the jackasses! Just kidding. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday and the comment. Hope your Little Man is feeling better. :)

Ms. Porter said...

I know I keep saying this, but this is the funniest post yet!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Love it! And love little man!

And love even more that you hid out in the stall if you are "interrupted" mid #2!!

Hallie

Sandy said...

the funny farm, maybe? I dunno but he sure is a cutie. Hope he feels better soon, you old farmwife, you.

Okay, not old, sorry.

Rachel said...

Even when he's sick that boy is funny!! I hope he's feeling better.

Jessica said...

Little Man cracks me up...thank you for sharing the laughs and hope he feels better soon!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Very keen at such a young age! Hope he's feeling better soon.

myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

Hugs to Little Man! Hope he feels better soon :)

rookiemom said...

Aw, I hope he feels better soon!

And, too funny!

Beccy said...

Don't they say kids say it how they see it!

Hope he's feeling better.

Daphne said...

I hope he is feeling better!

Morgan Leigh said...

Hey-- I left you an award at my blog. Enjoy!

Squishy Tushy said...

How intuitive at such a young age!!

Karin's Korner said...

This flu crap is going around and in fact, I can feel it rearing it's ugly head in me (even though I had the flu shot). Sorry your little man is not feeling well and here's to you and sweetie pie not getting it.

Blue Momma said...

I've never been to Texas, but I've also worked with pigs and cows. I even had a few asses. Funny how things are the same everywhere!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

You know you work at Old MacDonald's farm. This is, afterall, Texas & EVERYBODY knows you ride a horse to work.

That Chick Over There said...

I hope the woobie feels better soon!

Poodlehead said...

I love fever-induced mind rants. Hope he feels better soon! Our house of ill is semi-healthy at the moment (fingers crossed).

Jesse said...

I love the snuggling. Oh and I tagged you for a meme some come check it out-it's easy I promise.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Hope he is feeling better soon and that you all are doing well.

Blessings.