Thursday, February 14, 2008

Holding Up the Mirror

Last night, Little Man was playing with Sweetie Pie on the floor, when Little Man suddenly ordered his dad to sit down on the couch. Sweetie Pie, who was sprawled on the floor, ignored the request. Little Man repeated againt "Daddy, sit down here!" while patting on the couch.

But Sweetie Pie continued to ignore him. So Little Man made his request one more time and looked at me, frustrated as hell.

I shrugged my shoulders at Little Man and said "I guess Daddy should go to time alone for not listening."

A gleam appeared in Little Man's eyes like "wait, holy shit! I can do that?"

Little Man walked up to Sweetie Pie, put both fists on his hips and said "Daddy, you go to timone for not listening."

He grabbed Sweetie Pie's hand, dragged him (without too much effort needed, I must say) to the bottom step and said "blah, blah, blah, blah, timone, stay there!"

Apparently? When I put my son in time alone, that is exactly what he hears "Blah, blah, blah. Stay there."

It's nice to know that my heartfelt discipline messages are being heard, every single word of them.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Little Man rocks. That is all.

Morgan Leigh said...

hahahahahahaha. I cannot breathe, I am laughing so hard.



:) I *heart* you and Little Man.

Happy Heart Day!

Joy T. said...

Trust me. They still hear blah blah blah when they're in their teens. But when they're in their teens they all of a sudden add in an eyeroll. It's the craziest thing.

Sandy said...

and then when they become husbands, they hear music. My husband swears he does not ignore me, he just hears music.

monster's momma said...

lol!

Kellie said...

HA!! LOVE it!!

The kid certainly should get a cupcake for THIS one :)

Squishy Tushy said...

You & the teacher on Charlie Brown!!!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

You know that this is a Far Side cartoon with the owner & a dog, right?

Lunch was rocking! I'm still giggling. You and I should not be allowed to imbibe that much DR P. Makes us even more gabby, silly & annoying to other people in restaurants.

C you tomorrow, toots.

DO NOT FORGET TO ASK OFF!!

A's Mom said...

Now that is too cute!! Did you give a cupcake for Valentine's Day. Maybe that will take the "blah, blah, blah" out of what you say. :)

Julie said...

He literally said blah blah blah? Too cute!

rookiemom said...

Lol! Ah, he's pretty young to already have that male selective hearing thing going on.

Too cute!

Emma in Canada said...

Look at it this way...he is already well trained for when he is a husband, because I am quite sure blah blah blah is all men here. That and "Would you like a blow job?"

HRH said...

too funny.

Rachel said...

It should have been you in timone for forgetting the valentines! Sheesh!

Beccy said...

'Blah, blah, blah'!!!

Karen said...

It's so nice to know that they hang on our every word, isn't it?