Friday, January 04, 2008

Redefining the Word "Cute"

The other day, Sweetie Pie, Little Man and I are at that horrible place on Earth known as Walmart. The place where I always feel I'm betraying mankind by spending money there. And yet, due to their ridiculously cheap groceries, we are forced to shop there. Damn you world for not letting me be born a Hilton!

We decided to swing by the teeny tiny book department, because Walmart figures that if you have so little money that you shop in their store, surely, you must be illiterate. Sweetie Pie was looking at books for a birthday present, while I chased Little Man who was high on life, pointing everything out and saying "that's so cute!" in his best impersonation of me.

Suddenly, Little Man stopped in front of the magazine rack, picked up some biker magazine with some chick in a bikini on the cover and exclaimed as loud as he could "Look Mama! That's sooooo cute!"

So I said the only thing I could. I told him that no, it was not in fact cute, it was demeaning and that he wasn't allowed to see a woman with that little clothing until he was 42.

He nodded and then saw an Elmo book and squealed as he ran as fast as he could to snatch it off the rack.

I hope it's that easy when he's 15.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Grandmagoose said...

What an adorable story,Good Luck when he is 5 LOL!

That Chick Over There said...

HA!

Morgan Leigh said...

LOL! (sorry-- it's funny.....)

They start young, don't they?

myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

I love him!

Beccy said...

That's made my day!

Rachel said...

Probably about as easy as it will be to convince my girls that they shouldn't dress like that until they are 42 and probably shouldn't then!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You are SOOOOO dreaming if you think it gets better as they get older!! HA HA HA - I'm laughing so hard, my stomach hurts!!
Hallie

Nina Diane said...

my feelings exactly on the whole WalMart thing.....ewwww

Jesse said...

Funny story; but I don't think it'll be that easy when he turns 15-oh how I'm dreading those days.

Sandy said...

but momma, he just likes his girls a little on the trashy side....apologies to travis tritt.

M said...

I freaking had to read this to Josh who didn't know WHY I was cackling so loud. Then he cackled too.

I? Heart you and that little child too. Cod how I do!

Ms. Porter said...

funny!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

"Everyone is someon's CJ..." - what a wonderful way to put it. Thank you foe such an amazing comment.

It really touched me. :)

Hallie

. . . Dallas Meow . . . . >^^< . . . said...

When they're 15 AND WITH MOM they won't even glance at the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.
I suspect, when mom is elsewhere, their good manners and gentlemanly intentions take a back seat to cartoonlike eyeballs on springs.

smizzo said...

Ah, he's soooo cute!

You know, everyone around me used to complain about Walmart, and I would just grit my teeth and forge ahead. But recently, I think I've seen the light, because now, whenever I get home from there, I find myself washing my hands. No, make that SCRUBBING my hands.

Blue Momma said...

That Little Man of yours is just too cute! Let's hope when he's 15 he avoids the biker chicks.

My Punkin has learned that he came from my belly. Hopefully he won't ask me anything else until he IS 15!