Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Some Thanks...

With the holidays quickly approaching, I need to give a few thanks.

First, you've probably noticed my new look. I recently won a prize from the wonderful Splat Designs who did such a fantastic job at capturing me and creating this kick ass blog page for me. If you're ever looking to re-do your Web site, call her, will you, because not only is she fast, but she's really, really talented too!

Second, I want to thank Passport Canada, for making sure that my passport got out in time for me to get back to Canada so that my mother can say for a whole 8 days "should you really be eating that when you're barely fitting in your clothes?" or "when you were little, I never let you do that." Thank you Passport Canada for allowing me to spend a Christmas the way it was meant to, with people that made me want to drink myself silly so that all I hear are the voices in my head.

And last but not least, I need to thank all of you, my bloggy friends. I think a year ago, I only knew maybe a handful of you. But over the past year, your friendship has grown in importance to me to the point that non-bloggers might think I'm a little weird. Like when I hear something about Ohio, I think of a certain lady with blue eyes who has an insane amount of nookie. When I get yelled at for spending too much money at Target, I thing that a certain New York state resident would totally understand. I no longer think of Alberta as that place filled with Republicans, instead, it's where my oldest blogging buddy lives, and because of her it's now become to me a place filled with beautiful blonde blue eyed baby girls with kick ass moms. When it rains, I think of Washington State and how lucky it is to have as a resident Liam and Lily and their freaking off-the-chart cool mom and dads. Alabama's no longer a land of hicks, but instead two of my good friends now reside there. Same thing with Tennessee. I've learned Red Skins fans can also be great (and insanely busy) mothers, even if they have no taste in football teams. I read books now and wonder if a certain pregnant woman might have edited it. When I think about getting pregnant, I think of all of you who are pregnant, who've had children, who are struggling to get or stay pregnant. I've gotten to meet more hilariously funny, smart, talented, down-to-earth and amazingly cool women (and a man or two) through this blog and the blogs of my friends than I could have ever imagined. My world is a better place because of all of you. Every day, no matter how busy I might be, I have to keep up with my favorite people. If I had to choose between television and blogging, I'd give up the Grey's Anatomy cast in a heart beat. Because all of your lives? Way more interesting to me than anything any of the networks can ever put on.

Thank you for continuing to blog. I'd miss you way too much if you went away. Thanks for letting me read about your children and grand children. Your husbands and boyfriends. Your successes and heartbreaks. Your victories and defeats. Your joys and the things that make you laugh and cry.

Most of all, thanks for being my friend. For cheering for me and for making me feel that there's nothing I can't do, because I've got this huge support system. For crying with me, no matter how big or small the issue that's making me cry might be. For loving Little Man almost as much as me. There are days when I feel like I'm not raising him alone (well, I do have Sweetie Pie, so that's the first part of not being alone), but that he's being raised by this village in bloggy land, that cares and cheers for him as much as I do. Someday, he'll be on the soccer field and will score in the wrong net. And next to me there will be all of you cheering for him with me, albeit not physically, but I will feel you next me nonetheless.

I've received many Christmas cards from you and I've cherished every one of them. Sweetie Pie, who doesn't know about this blog is confused. "Who do we know in (name of city of blogger)." And I roll my eyes at him and say "you know, that's my friend so and so."

Some day, I'll let him into my world. But for now, I like having this safe place that's all mine. He's got hunting. I've got bloggy land.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got the way better deal.

Love,

Catwoman.

21 comments:

Morgan Leigh said...

I *LOVE* the new look! It's great! :) :)

Congrats.

And yes, you do have the better deal. :)

And I'm thankful for you, Catwoman! :)

AndreAnna said...

This was such a nice post!

I am incredibly thankful for all of my bloggy friends too. Some have taught me things I don't know I would have ever learned otherwise.

And sometimes, things happen in my life and I'm like "I can't wait to tell my blog friends" rather than my "real" friends because I feel like you all understand me on a level maybe others in my "offline" life can't.

Thanks for being my friend! :)

CPA Mom said...

I thank God for my bloggy friends too - like you!! Your blog makes me laugh out loud every single day. It gives me a place to rest for a spell with someone who understands how hard it is to raise a toddler!

I'll send you a Christmas card if you send me your address....

Jesse said...

First off I love your new site-very Texan. And second I'm like you I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a blog to laugh, vent, and cry, and to add all the interesting people you meet-you definetly got the better deal.

Loukia said...

Love your new look! When will you be in O-town? What part of the city do your parents live in?

Poopydigs (www.poopydigs.com) said...

I love reading your blog, and your new look.

I just started reading your blog in Q4 of 2007, but I feel like we've been blogging friends for a long time (in a non-stalker kinda way).

Kellie said...

Awww.....how nice!!! Everytime *I* spend too much in Target, I always think of how you'd get it, too!!

Dragging a deer through the woods and getting blood on your hands vs reading about our babies, husbands/boyfriends, Target-ing....

Yes....you win :)

Rachel said...

I am crying with you right now. What an awesome post. It truly describes exactly how I feel. I love you guys! I love the support and help and "I've been there"s that I get from all of my bloggy friends.

I think of you when I am watching crazily retarded shows like The Hills and Big Brother and I Love New York 2 (can't believe I just admitted that), etc, and I am glad that, however it happened, I found your blog.

Rachel said...

Oh, and, I LOVE the new look!

That Chick Over There said...

I love the new look.

And we're still hicks. But in a good way.

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Funny, I was just addressing your card while reading that. At least SP knows who I am, despite the fact that we love can't agree on squat. I can totally imagine him trying to figure out people in other states, too. The image I get is crazy!

Pup wanted me to tell you: He went to get his passport to visit your somewhat of a homeland two weeks ago. He? Got it in the mail yesterday. Passport Canada? Is totally inept.

Also? Your comment thing with y'all? Is mis-spelled.

fantasticvoyage said...

insane amounts of nookie? big j would disagree & argue that it is a drought over here in ohio, because i think i broke my vagina...but that is a post for another day. i love you too catwoman! xoxoxoxo

Bren said...

Love your new look! Lindsay rocks!!

And yeah, you have a way better deal.

Blue Momma said...

Oh, Catwoman, you are too sweet. I feel the same way about you and my other blogging friends. What a great group of people that I've never had the pleasure of annoying in person! Though one day when gas is affordable again? I'm gonna do a blog stalking tour of the US! So watch out!

Sandy said...

AFF, you crack me up! and y'all are right, too!

Catwoman, you made me soggy...I like hanging out with all you guys, too!

Joy T. said...

I lurk much too much and when I do eventually comment I probaby annoy people. Here's hoping in the New Year I de-lurk more...and annoy you just as much as everyone else :o) LOVE the new look of your blog!

She Said WHAT?! said...

What a lovely tribute post!!!

I had no idea that Sweetie Pie doesn't know about your blog... Impressive work.

Michael said...

I just dropped by to say HEY! What a nice post!!! And so many ways to be thankful to so many people around you, just before Christmas, when festive spirit is at the full swing. It's a nice idea indeed.

M said...

Fuck I'm hormonal. This made me weepy.

And when a card shows up in approxmately 2033 at the rate I'm going from this hag in WA state tell sweetiepie I'm the one who flashes boobies...doesn't he remember? :)

( O ) ( O )

xoxo

and your new design is KILLING me.

Julie said...

Whoa whoa whoa - I almost missed that Redskins dig in there. Very sneaky of you!

Whenever I watch MTV's "crappy ass" shows I think of you. And I mean that in the nicest way possible! : ) Did you see the finale of "Shot at Love" last night? I totally thought she'd pick th girl!