Sunday, December 30, 2007

Perfect Little Traveler

With having family so far away, Little Man's had to travel a lot in his short two years. Like the chicken and egg dilemna, I'm not sure which came first. Did Little Man become a good traveler because he's flown so much? Or is it just in his nature to enjoy the experience? I think that it's ingrained in him, as I remember very vividly flying as a child and being mesmerized at being above the clouds, listening to the purr of the engine, enjoying the movie and the food, the cold cutlery on the little plastic tray, the flight attendants who brought me juice and cokes and other things I normally wasn't allowed to have at home.

Even now, I love to fly. Despite the cramped conditions, the delays, the flight attendants who don't serve you anything on the flight, the magic of being in a big steel tube up in the sky still amazes me. I know many people will go their entire lives never setting foot on a plane. To me, getting to fly is a privilege, even if that experience ends up being a miserable one.

Little Man, like me, has the travel bug. And I couldn't be more pleased for him. Not only was he the perfect little traveler on this trip, but getting to enjoy flying all over again, as I experienced it through his eyes, well, it made it even more magical to me.

Here are some of my favorite moments of our flights:

- Little Man, upon seeing the planes tucked behind the bridges said "Mama! Plane is hiding!"

- When we got on the plane and Little Man sat down in his window seat and he saw a plane next to us, he said "Don't worry plane, I coming!"

- Every time Little Man would hear the engine speed up or the wings adjust he'd say "What's that sound?" while putting his hand next to his eye.

- When we arrived in Montreal, on our second flight of the day, I asked Little Man if he was ready to see his grandparents and he said "no, I go on plane."

- But my favorite, was this. Upon every landing, Little Man would cheerfully yell "I made it!", like in the video I captured on our arrival in Dallas.


I Made It! from Catwoman InTexas on Vimeo.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Yay, you made it! You made it! Welcome home, y'all!

Kellie said...

Glad you're home and he travels so well. I am one that hates to fly. But, I do it because the alternatives (driving or not going) suck way worse. I just need to do it hopped up on Dramamine (or liquor, whichever....I'm not picky).

M said...

A: I*'m super glad you made it!
B: If he gets any cuter I will burst
C: I missed your guts!

Squishy Tushy said...

Can I simply echo m's comment above? Lame, I know... but she captured my sentiment completely!

AndreAnna said...

That is the cutest thing ever!

He made it! Yay!

Glad you're back!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I'm happy to see you've arrived & both Kellie & Blue Momma said they wanna hang in our hood with us. We must be The Shiznits!

You name the time & place for girlie drinks & I will be there.

Glad the little cutie patootie had such a good time being airborne. He is such a global traveler with a passport and everything.

I'm still trying to convince the grandparents to take the tyke on the plane while I drive to Disney. I won't do it. You can't make me fly.

Morgan Leigh said...

Awwww....he is adorable! "I made it!" ::giggle::

Never been on a plane, and I'm not so sure I want to, but it looks like you guys had fun. Can't wait to hear about your trip! :)

Emma in Canada said...

Saoirse too is a born traveller. I like it. I'd like it even more if we had the money to travel.

But what I was really waiting to hear all about was your mother.

mumof4 said...

I am so glad you made it back - I missed your posts. He is so so cute. Was the film from your cell phone or Flip?

Nina Diane said...

glad you're back!
Happy New Year

Julie said...

Glad traveling was a breeze with Little Man! Happy new year!

Rachel said...

I am sooo glad you guys are back home! I missed you!! And, that is the cutest damn video ever!!!!!

Haphazardkat said...

jazus...it would be illegal if that kid was any cuter!!!!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Dude, the cute. It's just so . . . cute. Oh, cute!

Glad you're back, all safe and sound, and that you survived the joy that is border crossing.

Happy New Year!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You have one cute little man!! Wish I felt so happy about flying -maybe next time I'll raise my hands, yell I MADE IT and see if I feel any better!! It can't hurt!!

Hallie

Bren said...

Oh, that's adorable! Welcome back!