Thursday, November 01, 2007

Wishing Every Day Was Halloween







So my son? He's loving Halloween and as we speak, is writing to George W. to ask that every day be Halloween, because seriously? Standing on strangers doorsteps? Looking cute? And getting rewarded with pure sugar? Holy crap! Best day ever! How could anyone not have told him before that if he kept a hat on his head for more than five seconds, perfect strangers would give you candy! I'm sure he's wondering what other great things we're keeping from him. Like maybe, when we put him to bed, we stay up and do nothing but lick the floors with our tongues, because we're cruel and won't let him do that during the day.

I expected my anti-social spawn to hate the idea of having to stand in front of strangers. Considering he wouldn't even look at his best friend when we bumped into his family at a Mexican restaurant last week. So the idea of taking my son door to door, was one that I'd accepted would probably not turn out so good.

I'm all about low expectations, because then? No disappointment. This is also the reason I walk around all day saying that I'd be miserable if I were rich and had to wear Manolos on my feet. I'm thinking any day now, I'll win some lottery I somehow entered accidentally.

We went to about a dozen houses and Little Man thanked each and every person who gave him candy. However, he refused to say "trick or treat," because that's so stupid, man. Who would say such a stupid thing? And when kids came to our house afterwards and yelled trick or treat, Little Man looked at them with such disdain, like he was thinking how inferior these other children were, when he didn't have to say anything, no effort whatsoever, just standing at doors, and he got the candy anyway. Yes, he definitely found a loophole in the system, free candy, with only half the effort.

After he went to bed, Sweetie Pie and I went through his stash and did our parental duty and inhaled all candy that could be considered a choking hazard.

This left Little Man with a bag of mini pretzels, two suckers and three fun size bags of M&M's.

If he asks any questions, we're totally blaming the dogs.

Love,

Catwoman.

16 comments:

Julie said...

Cutest firefighter ever! I love the second picture with the floppy hat up close - TOO CUTE! Glad he enjoyed it.

At one point last night Abby & Her friend came running from a house holding a Pixie Stick yelling "WE got sugar!"

Bren said...

The dogs are so easy to blame.

He is one cute little firefighter!

Kellie said...

Dogs are much easier to blame ;)

He's an adorable fire fighter!!

Love the color of your Jeep!

Morgan Leigh said...

hahahaha. poor doggies.

I noticed Little Man had shoes on.

How'd you manage that?

:-)

monster's momma said...

Too cute!!!!!

That Chick Over There said...

LOVE HIM.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Bad Satan's Dog. Bad Bad Bad dog. And, Mommy & Daddy for pilfering. I just dumped mine's stash in the bucket out front for that luck SOB who dumped the entire contents into his bag & fled with visions of sugar (plums)...

Haphazardkat said...

how friggen cute is he in that outfit???!!! California's gonna recruit him.

Blaming the dog...ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Damn, I'm so using that! I've been eyeballing MiniWarriors stash for hours now while he's innocently away in hell...er..School.

Sandy said...

SO cute!

Beccy said...

How adorable is he!

Ms. Porter said...

Your kid has the most beautiful lips ever!

ohio blue eyes said...

i agree, 2nd pic is awesome, he is such a stud in his fireman hat! glad he loved trick or treat!

Blue Momma said...

Forget cute. Little Man is just plain pretty! I'm glad he agreed to keep his hat on. Mom needs to win a battle once in a while.

I've managed to keep hubby out of Punkin's candy, but only because I put them out of the house all day. Tomorrow I have to go through it and divide it between them.

Us? Yes, the cheapest candy in the neighborhood. Some people were giving out full size candy bars. My goal for this week is to find out what their husbands do and to send my hubby there.....

Rachel said...

There's something about a man in uniform. He is the cutest firefighter I've ever seen!

Thank goodness that you and Sweetie Pie went through and got out all the unsafe candy. You deserve a parenting award.

Loukia said...

He looks adorable!!!!!!! Halloween rocks when you have a 2 year old, huh?

alissa said...

Oh. My. God.

Behold the cuteness that is your little man.