Sunday, November 04, 2007

Selling Really Is An Art, Not a Skill

This made me pee my pants. It's from an eBay listing for a maternity top (yes, I know, I need professional help...)

"Lining is NOT stretchy, so if you are enormous, don't buy this."

Seriously? You're trying to sell your stuff to women who get fatter by the second and you tell them, hey, fat ass, don't bust the seams of my little top, ok?

Me? Personally? I'd go with "sizes smaller than you'd expect".

But that's just me.

Love,

Catwoman.

11 comments:

Morgan Leigh said...

Oh. Dear. Lord.

That? Was funny.

Did you buy the top?

:-)

Haphazardkat said...

LOL!!

That Chick Over There said...

OMG someone SAID that?

That person? Could not sell a fan to a fat chick at Disney World.

Oh no. She couldn't.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

That's too funny! AND YOU ARE HERE ON SUNDAY?? SP's still hunting, huh?

Blue Momma said...

You are here today! That means marathon scrabulous games right?

I'm just trying to ignore that enormous line. But I guess as much as it would repel us big mamas, it might make the skinny chicks feel even skinnier.

Not that I'd have a clue how skinny chicks feel....

Bren said...

Funny! So did you buy the top?

Kellie said...

So, when will your new top be arriving :)

Julie said...

Maybe the seller got burned by the shirt - you know, bought it thinking it would fit her enormous self and advertised it that way as a public service?

Slick said...

Yeah, I would assume it's what Julie said...

Or the seller is pretty much not a good seller.

Ms. Porter said...

Haaaa! Funny!

CC said...

Oh goodness! Was there a picture included?

I once came across some Ugg boots that were cheap. Why were they cheap? Because, as the seller had informed the public, "My dog peed on them and I can't get rid of the smell". Nice!