Thursday, October 25, 2007

This Is Why We Need a TV In Our Bed & Breakfast

Sweetie Pie comes home the other night and Little Man is already asleep. On the coffee table sits Little Man's brand new Halloween Mr. Potato Head.



Sweetie Pie spots the Tater in full costume and says "What in the world is that?

- It's Little Man's new Mr. Potato Head.

(long pause) - Why is he dressed like a KKK member?

- What??? He's a ghost! He's dressed like a ghost!

- He looks like a KKK member, I can't believe you'd buy offensive toys like that, what is that teaching our son, exactly?"

So first of all? Mr. Potato Head is no longer allowed to be a ghost for Christmas. I'm thinking he can be Tinkerbell instead.

Second of all? I've booked a bed and breakfast. And our room has a TV in it. Our marriage can only handle so much talking.

Also, am I the crazy one for actually wanting to impregnate myself with a second spawn of this man?

Love,

Catwoman.

18 comments:

Sandy said...

In actuality, your husband has solved the KKK problem. Limit their meetings to once a year and give them orange plastic jack-o-lanterns! Sort of takes the whole bogeyman thing away, you know?

Slick said...

Well, actually...he does look kind of racist.

jesse said...

You know I wouldn't have thought that about Mr. Potato Head. And no you're not crazy for wanting another baby with him.

Morgan Leigh said...

Well.....I guess he kind of looks like a KKK member. But, I wouldn't have thought that right off the bat.

AndreAnna said...

Well, the first spawn is cute so the second one should make enough cuteness in the world to forget where the sperm came from! ;)

Julie said...

Hmmm, every picture I've seen of the KKK nobody is wearing a bowler hat (or whatever Mr. P's hat is called). I think sweetie pie was seeing things!

Morgan Leigh said...

~*~I gave you an award at my bloggy!~*~

Kellie said...

Crazy? Nah. ;)

Bren said...

I think a B&B with a TV is a great plan. ;) And that is one cute Mr. Potato Head!

http://www.momof3littlemonkeys.blogspot.com/

random_mommy said...

I was actually thinking "Wow, SP is MADE for Catwoman."

How fun!! A KKK Potato Man...

alissa said...

Really? You don't have a TV in your bedroom?!

(How sad that that is the part of the post that I have found most surprising.)

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

How has no one else commented on the Tinkerbell thing? Either KKK or a fairy. Poor Mr Tater is one f upped Spud in this pc world.

Blue Momma said...

He does look like a clansman. And I'm from Alabama. I can spot them.

I like the counter you've added at the top. Lets hope next month the countdown is set for 9 months instead of 1!

Beccy said...

KKK? I'll never be able to think of Mr Potato Head in the same way again.

Katie said...

HA! I bought my son this same Mr. Potato Head a few weeks ago and he LOVES it! Never once did my hubby or I think KKK! HA!

That Chick Over There said...

KKK!!!

OMG. I think you should make like, 100 babies with him. Seriously.

Rachel said...

Al Sharpton is gonna show up on your doorstep any day now!

M said...

You know normally I go on about how much I love you. Or your son? Right now? It's that man of yours. Cod I am IN LOVE he cracks my ass right up.