Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Keeping the Romance Alive

So Sweetie Pie are escaping for a weekend in November. Hopefully I'll be pregnant by then, but if not, the hope is that I can be inseminated in someone else's bed.

We'll be going down to the Hill country of Texas, which is a pretty area with antique shops, wineries and lots of beds and breakfasts. Last night Sweetie Pie and I looked at approximately 298 B&B's as old people like to call them, which makes me think of mothball scented quilts for whatever reason, so that we could find the one that would encourage my eggs to become fertilized and escape Little Man's incessant quizzing of "what's that?" about every. freaking. little. speck. of. dust.

We found one that we loved, it's in a tiny log cabin, I'd say roughly the size of kleenex, and it's rustic, but it has a claw foot tub and it doesn't look like Laura Ashley vomited all over it.

But as I looked at the description, one thing seemed to be missing.

"Sweetie Pie? I don't think this one has a TV in the room.

- What? How can it not have a TV?

- Well, they don't mention it in the description, when all the other ones say cable or satellite TV. And I can't see one in the pictures.

- Screw that! Who can have romance when they haven't watched Sports Center?"

Love,

Catwoman.

14 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Well, his Sportscenter is my Bones. ;)

Blue Momma said...

Here's to you and Sweetie Pie and a romantic insemination!

For us, after two+ years of this, the romance is gone. The important thing is just to get. it. done!

Maybe next month.....

Julie said...

I guess you're supposed to be one with nature in a log cabin no?

Morgan Leigh said...

Hmmm..... sounds like my husband.

:)

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Funny. I agree with him. I have the alarm set to Mike & Mike just to catch up on the sportsworld happenings. Don't forget to hit Gruene while you're out west. It's too cute for words.

SJ said...

So true, so true. That is something that my husband would have said as well...

Men.

Kellie said...

Men. Pfft :)

hotshuz said...

Who needs a TV when you have each other??? Love it.

M said...

Love and romance only go so far. I mean you GOTTA have a tv.

This is why I've been dubbed least romantic woman EVER. I think my husband appreciates it.

No romance w/o sportscenter? Really made me giggle. I think I must be a man in the romance land.

Bren said...

Another Dallas girl here. Been reading your blog for a while and decided to come out of lurkdom to laugh publicly at the Sportscenter comment. My hubby would never go anywhere without a TV so kudos to Sweetie Pie! And good luck to you!

http://www.momof3littlemonkeys.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

I mean, what's more romantic than falling asleep in bed watching tv.

Before you've had sex.

Chuck said...

My wife and I often have "sexytime" during Gretta Van Susteren or Bill O'Reilly. Talk about romance!

Beccy said...

We Never watch the TV if we're away without the children, mind you that doesn't happen very often so we have to make the most of it!

CPA Mom said...

I don't think I have to tell you that I'm thinking that is the point of the B&B - I've only been in one, ever, and there were no TVs there either...guess he'll have to be happy making his OWN entertainment with YOU! HA! I bet my husband would have said the same thing.

Here's to getting pregnant in someone else's bed!