Monday, October 22, 2007

From The Mouth of My Babe

On Friday night, in the middle of a crowded restaurant, we're practicing letters and their sound while waiting for the bill.

"Little Man, what does "M" say?

- M say Mmmmmmmmmm

- What does "Z" say?

- Z says zzzzzzze. (pause) like zebra."

I went totally crazy at this point yelling "Oh my God!" to the point the waitress rushed over thinking something was wrong. But seriously? That he said that? Totally freaking blew my mind. Because we NEVER said that to him. And at school? They study one letter a week and they're only up to "d is for donkey."

******************************

Yesterday night, I'd roasted a chicken and apparently Little Man loves the skin with my yummy stuffing crammed under it the best.

After inhaling all of his skin, he asked me for some of mine. As I was trying to cut him off a piece, he suddenly yelled "MAMA! In my mouth!"

*****************************

This morning, when I was hanging out with him and his friends while he was eating breakfast at the daycare. I'd already kissed him goodbye twice, but one of his girlfriends kept talking to me. All of sudden, Little Man tugs my sleeve, and pointing to the door says "Mama, door."

Yeah, I can take the hint.

Love,

Catwoman.

22 comments:

Sandy said...

Cramping his style, were you? Mama - Door. That's classic!

Morgan Leigh said...

wow. that's so cool that he said the zebra thing. LOL. I wish Zach would start talking like that.

but, then, maybe i'll wish he would stop once he starts?

;)

Kellie said...

He clearly wanted the day to begin and it didn't include you :) Love it....

monster's momma said...

lol! *love*

AndreAnna said...

Serious, you are no longer cool enough to hang around when he is with "the chicks"

jempress said...

little man is a genius!! like his mama - and your dinners always sound exceptionally delish. mmmmmm (that's what M says :). Good seeing you on Sat! oh, oh oh - i was also going to say: have you been to Voila! in allen? It's a french cafe/ bakery and it is soooo good!

Blue Momma said...

If LM keeps getting smarter, you can have him start doing the cooking! I mean, we had these kids for a reason didn't we?

I think I'll keep cooking, but the litter box? All Punkins!

random_mommy said...

If I say "Husband, door" what will happen?

Beccy said...

'Mama door' is a classic, I think my children would like to say that to me quite often!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

You're already getting that teenager "drop me off a mile from the mall" phase? Wow. You superfluous mother you.

And, K mentioned seeing you at said restaurant. She said you were in a good mood. Now I know why!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Oh, a different note: Are we attempting lunch this week??

Slick said...

lol...like Sandy said, You were cramping his style!

Too funny.

Rachel said...

Between their abundance of intelligence and amazing good looks, Little Man and Alyssa will make such a wonderful couple.

DawnoftheDay said...

LOL It's a good thing kids can be so amusing!

fantastic voyage said...

he gets it from his mama...

GENIUS!!! (did I spell that right? am not genius)

Haphazardkat said...

absolutely freakin' adorable kid!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

How do they get so smart??

Ms. Porter said...

Cute.

Chris said...

LOL!

That is soo cute!

And isn't that just like a boy..teach them everything they know and they just want you to leave ;-)

alissa said...

He knows that zzzz is for Zebra??? OMG. Call Mensa. He's brilliant.

Seriously.

Emma? She's gonna be 3 next week. Would have no idea. But then, her preschool is "socialization based". Basically, they say that, then just let the kids play all morning.

Loukia said...

So cute... don't they just melt your heart? :)

Julie said...

Of course number 3 is the funniest - he wanted you out of there so he could woo the ladies! : )