Monday, October 01, 2007

Another Reason Why I Suck

So for some reason? Every time I try to have any kind of get together at my house? Most people stand me up.

I'm not sure why that is. People seem to like me, until I invite them for something. Then, they don't like me anymore.

I've had New Year's Eve parties where only half of the people who said they'd show up actually make it. I once had a Mary Kay party where it was only me and two girls there and I felt so bad that I ended up buying $120 worth of stuff from the girl. I still haven't freaking used it all up.

Yesterday, I decide to put a toe in the hosting water once again, and I sent out evites to 32 people. I didn't even know I knew 32 people, so I was pretty impressed with that. I invited them all over for some sweets and to do some Christmas shopping for those hard-to-shop for people. You know the ones, the mothers, mother-in-laws, that random girl at the office who you can never figure out what the hell to get them. I went to a Taste of Home Entertaining party a few weeks ago, and I loved the stuff so much, that I figured I'd have my own party, hang out with my favorite ladies and have a reason to clean my house.

Because I work all week, so I don't have many excuses to kick my husband out and hang out with girls doing girly stuff like oohing and aaahing over Tuscan-inspired kitchen stuff.

Out of the 32 people I invited, 12 people were confirmed to attend. Of those 12, four said that they'd likely bring a friend. Then five people were maybes, including my mother-in-law who said she'd be a little late and then my sister-in-law said she'd probably make it and bring a friend.

So I was supposed to have anywhere from 10-20 people. I didn't make a ton of food, because the party was at 2 in the afternoon, but I did cover in chocolate 32 strawberries. I also made truffles, which ended up looking like a diaper gone really wrong. But if you looked past their look, they were tasty. I made a dip.

I was excited.

My little girl's afternoon? Kind of sucked ass.

Out of all the people who were supposed to come? Four showed up. Luckily for me, I've got awesome friends like Anglophile who would only not show up at something that she said she's coming from if she was stuck under a really, really big boulder with no phone or Internet. And even then, I'm pretty sure she's teach a pigeon baby sign language and get me the message.

So Sweetie Pie and I? We ate a shitload of strawberries last night, coated in chocolate. At least we got our vitamin C quota for the day.

And I spent $80 and got a free serving spoon. Because I rock like that.

Then one of my coworkers asked me this morning if she could still order stuff, so I had the damn lady reopen my sale.

So Internet friends, if you want to help me earn a free fork to match my serving spoon, just click here to see the catalogue and then just email the lady at troycrystal at sbcglobal.net your order. Tell her you're a friend of Catwoman's.

I'm afraid I'm out of chocolate-covered strawberries, but at least I got all of my hard shopping done, so I thought I'd help out my bloggy friends do the same.

Love,

Catwoman.

12 comments:

Ms. Porter said...

YOU don't suck...the people you invited SUCK!

I hate when people do that, just say yes or just say no...not a big deal...yes means yes and no means no.

Hmmm..chocolate covered strawberries, maybe those little babies helped the baby making a little too....

the artist formally known as ohio blue eyes said...

i'll take the stud on page #39. he looks to be totally gay and a very good chef. one please!

Morgan Leigh said...

oh, that sucks.

if i lived clos to you? i would've totally went to your cool ass party.

:-)

you don't suck, by the way, the people that said "yes" and didn't show suck!

Rachel said...

You don't suck! Those people suck! I would totally have come. But, well, 8 hours for a party? A little long, ya know.

Did I tell you that I used to live in Longview?

random_mommy said...

you didn't make your signature pasta salad with cranberries and pine nuts?!?!

I would NEVER stand you up! Especially if you had diaper shaped truffles.

Beccy said...

Chocolate dipped strawberries and diaper shaped truffles...I'd have moved heaven and earth to be there!

I think the people who didn't show up are really rude and unworthy of catwomans friendship!

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I rather loved the like 7 strawberries I ate. And the diaper truffle was mmmm...mmmm...good. And, you know how I feel about RSVP. I was noticing you being mad but didn't know how to make you feel better. I used my telepathy to send you hugs, but I wasn't sure you got them. And, I'm so excited about my colander.

Blue Momma said...

Chocolate dipped strawberries AND Catwoman? I would have so been there! And I'm broke, but I'd have still been there.

AAF was supposed to buy me something. Can you tell me what she got me?

Emma in Canada said...

Hmm...my evite must have got lost. Because you know I totally would have walked to Texas for a party where you have to buy stuff. Those are my favourite kind. Wanna come to my stamping up open house? We're making cards and I'm giving a 20% discount. It's totally worth the flight. And there's daily flights from Dallas to Edmonton. Something to do with oil. You and AFF can come for a visit. I'm just saying.

jesse said...

I'm sorry that so many people flaked on you, I wouldn't have bailed on you. Oh and the fact that you had chocolate covered strawberries-ymm I would have driven those couple of hours it would have taken me.

my minivan is faster than yours said...

Don't feel bad. I sent out a save the date for Crusher and Bam Bam's b'day party to my family like two months in advance, and my dad calls and asks yesterday if he minds if he and my sister leave 20 minutes early to go to a hockey game THAT THEY GOT FREE TICKETS TO!

Um, hello, can you not go to the game 20 minutes late?! OY!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I came accross your blog through a friend! I just never comment! I am not creepy though I promise!!!

I am just wondering though if I can I buy those in Canada? I went through the book and noticed they lots of Brown and Aqua, Thats the colour of my kitchen and its SO hard to find here now... guess its going out of style... There is so much i want. I will help you get your fork!!

Thank you!! please feel free to email me at cbetcher at hotmail.com