Thursday, September 27, 2007

We're Anything But Not Dedicated

Yesterday? I stayed home from work. You see, I spent all of Tuesday afternoon vomiting in a bathroom at the office. For any of you who've thrown up at work before, you know what it's like to go to a bathroom, wait for people to clear out, before you pray to the porcelain gods, so that the rumor mill doesn't begin to wonder if you're pregnant or bulimic. When I wasn't throwing up, my ass was busy fumigating the bathroom. I'm pretty sure George W. got a call that someone had dropped a dirty bomb just North of Dallas and a bunch of jets were sent to ensure we weren't under attack.

The only thing I seemed to manage to keep down Tuesday night was a ginger ale.

Yesterday, I went adventurous and had some dry toast on top of the ginger ale.

I know, I'm totally crazy.

I managed to keep the toast down, and I'm thinking worse case scenario, I'll lose a little bit of weight. As one of my favorite quotes of all times, from Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion, says: "Mono was, like, the best diet ever."

But Sweetie Pie and I decided last week that we needed to quit messing around and that we needed to have sex every other day during the two weeks I could possibly be ovulating. Because with Little Man, Sweetie Pie just winked at me and I was pregnant. This time though, considering I've been off birth control for a year now, it seems that we need to actually focus a little bit.

And so last night, despite the fact that Sweetie Pie was having intestinal issues. Despite the fact that I was the color of Wonderbread. Despite the fact that I hadn't showered all day. Despite the fact that the entire time we were doing it, my stomach said "glub! glub!" from being full of ginger ale. Despite all of that? We possibly made a baby.

If this is the moment of conception, that kid should know that damn it, it was wanted.

Love,

Catwoman.

15 comments:

Morgan Leigh said...

Wow. Um. I have nothing to say. Just wow. Atleast you really, really, really want a baby and it shows.

:-) Hope that didn't offend. Cuz I certainly didn't mean for it to.

Julie said...

My GOD you are determined aren't you!

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Getting sick at work is like 100x worse than getting sick at home. Poor thing - hope you are on the mend and that all future puking will be morning sickness related.

Kellie said...

You are determined!! Hacking your guts up at work sucks. Been there, done that.

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Kudos for allowing Mr. "Consider yourself inseminated" to get near you. I wondered how the stomach issue ended. Yuck. I hope LM doesn't get it. Cause pukey kid = nightmare.

Oh, and because we're both big dorks, I can admit to liking Romy & Michelle, too!

AndreAnna said...

It's a shame men can't pump and store like breastmilk, for those "just in case" times. You know, like vomiting and ass-reeking. LOL.

Slick said...

Yuck...

I think I just lost my erection. How did he even keep his??

Nina Diane said...

haha.....good one!

Blue Momma said...

The Inseminator is quite the super hero isn't he? And I'm thinking you need a name, too.

As someone who has been dedicated to either pregnancy, nursing, or trying to be pregnant for just over the last 50 months, I welcome you to the club.

I just hope you don't have to be a member as long as me!

That Chick Over There said...

Alrighty then.

jesse said...

Damn girl you two must really want a baby because if I was as sick as you I think I would pass. But I was wondering if you've tried one of those cheap ovulation kits-worked for me the 2nd time. Oh and love your 100 list.

my minivan is faster than yours said...

No you di'n't! You're the best! Conversly, my husband takes me out for a night on the town, wines and dines me, we get home and I plop down in sweatpants to watch Oprah reruns.

Sucks to be him!

Fingers and toes crossed for you! Clearly there's a "legs crossed" joke in here somewhere, but I'm too lazy to find it :)

Elle said...

Now THAT is dedication! LOL gl!

coolio said...

that deserves a gold star girl! hope you are done puking!

alissa said...

and for that, you totally deserve to be pregnant right now.

btw, you only gained TWENTY TWO pounds with Little Man??? I gained FORTY with Michael. And tried to eat heathy-ish. Except for the Toby's Cheese Fries thing. You bitch.

Rachel said...

Well I hope you are feeling better now and damn that is some dedication there. If I'm sick, don't so much as look at me like you're thinking about sex!