Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Highlights

1. Still not pregnant. Aunt Flo supposed to be here tomorrow, but she may decide to push back her arrival just to spite me. Looks like we'll be trying for a June baby.

2. My mother-in-law? Apparently has never seen a pull-up. We were at their place last night, and Little Man had a blow up. As Sweetie Pie and I were about to rock-paper-scissor for it, my mother-in-law offered to change it. Since we're not stupid, we told her to knock herself out. She came out two minutes later looking a little traumatized and said that she doesn't understand why we'd use diapers that don't open on the sides. When we told her that pull-ups tear easily on the sides in case of poop, she sighed. Apparently? Little Man got to have poop smeared all down his legs (back AND front, since he'd filled the entire Pull Up) when she removed it. Although I should probably be horrified by this, I thought it was hilarious, since the child that came out of her bedroom was 100 percent poop free.

3. Little Man's vocabulary has just exploded again during the past week. I'm guessing it's because he has moved up to the bigger kids' class. His favorite new things to say include "One more time!" (which really means "I'm going to do this another 50,000 times because I'm a toddler, the age group that invented OCD) and "Are you ok?" when we cough, which to me is especially cool, beause this means I can take future serial killer off my list of concerns, since he has now begun showing compassion. Although his compassion is only limited to humans, as the other day, I found him sitting on top of the poor sleeping dog, boucing up and down on him while saying "Weee! Horsey!!!!" The dog, was not amused, and shared his disgust with some serious sighing. By the time I'd run to get my new camera, Little Man had unfortunately been bucked off, seriously undermining our chances of winning America's Funniest Home Videos.

Love,

Catwoman.

13 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

June's a nice month, methinks.

I love "One more time" becuase you are so right, it's never just one more time. And sadly? When they are 11 it just turns into asking for the same thing over and over even though you have said no 10 thousand times. Repetition is not always a plus.

ohio blue eyes said...

and here I was hoping to catch a little glimpse of little man, devil dog and bob saget all together in one happy place!

TP tortures the boys, she still might be part serial killah...

Nina Diane said...

I just love your blog.....you keep me laughing. The OCD being invented by 2 yr olds.....so freakin funny!!

Morgan Leigh said...

you are so freaking funny. but, alas, i've told you this before. so let's try something more substansal. (however you spell that) kids never seem to want to do funny things when you bring out a camera, anyway. until their older. zach will stop doing whatever he is doing and just smile when i bring out the camera.

*sigh*

my minivan is faster than yours said...

I am somewhat relieved, as my son tortures cats, and I keep thinking "Jeffrey Dahmer." I probably wouldn't be so concerned if he didn't try to eat the cats, too.

Blue Momma said...

My son is a cat torturer, too. Thought I think they are beginning to get used to it as they've stopped hiding from him recently.

I say we put out a hit on Aunt Flo so she'll quit fucking with us!!!

Anyone got Tony Soprano's number???

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Your poor MIL. HaHa I think our new invention should be a camera that staples to us or velcros or something, cause isn't it always just like that? That would've been quite the picture. Poor Satan's Dog. He didn't deserve that.

AndreAnna said...

Oh, what a sad day for your MIL. :( Maybe they should print warnings on them.

Morgan Leigh said...

!! I keep forgetting to tell you. Um, I gave you the nice award at my blog. :)

Kellie said...

My daughter wears Pull-Ups overnights to bed. The first time we were out and the in-laws got her ready for bed? I was changing a leaky diaper in the middle of the night 'cause the MIL? Tore open the sides of the diaper to get it on Morgan and then tried to re-attach them. Didn't work.

Poor dog!! Morgan's good with Baylee...most of the time. She's usually gentle with him. Well, except for this morning when she was using her little broom to sweep his eyeballs.

alissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

(Hahaha to your mother-in-law. It so sucks to have to learn things the hard way!)

M said...

Happy birhtdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay happy bir-rrrrrrrrrr-thdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

To you.

Rachel said...

Ok, so how in the hell did she get all the smeared poop off without a dunk in the bathtub? And, I suck, I totally missed your birthday!

Happy Birthday.