Thursday, September 13, 2007

That's What Bloggy Friends Are For

So let's get the stressful part of the way. Little Man? Does not have cancer. And he doesn't have a joint infection either, which the pediatrician thought was more likely than cancer. Blood work was done to rule them both out so that everyone's mind could be put at ease (I told the pediatrician how much you guys worry).

More than likely, it's a very mild sprain caused from all the running and jumping he did at a birthday party at a gymnastics place on Sunday afternoon. So he's on ibuprofen for a couple of days to help with the inflammation and if his limp isn't better by tomorrow, we'll need to bring him in again to do more in-depth exams, including X-rays.

I have to tell you guys though, that all of you, my bloggy friends were my rock yesterday. As I sat here, just wanting to run to the daycare and hold my son and sob hysterically, your comments are what kept me sane and talked me off the ledge of panic. And made me think that I was probably over-reacting. Also? I'd never heard of growth pains causing limping before. And that made me think that you, my bloggy friends M.D. were the smartest, coolest people ever, and I am so thankful to have found or been found by each and every one of you.

It's strange, really. I probably only know about three of you outside of the computer screen. And yet? I consider many, many of you some of my closest friends. How is that possible exactly? I think anyone who's not part of the blogosphere wouldn't understand.

But I don't think any of you will think that's weird. Because I know so much more about all of you than I do many of the people I spend a lot of time with.

I know your deepest inner thoughts. I know your struggles with your kids, your husbands, your jobs, your lives. I know that you don't think life is all sunshine and flowers. That you're sad, upset, worried, more than you are blissfully happy. I know that you sometimes do things that make you feel like you're a horrible mother, things that most people you hang out with probably don't even know about, because you worry they'll give you that look, the one that's full of judgement and makes you feel like shit. I know that you love your kids more than anything in the world, and I understand that love in a way that most people who see you every day, because I too feel that love and will gladly write about it for 800 pages without thinking I'm over the top.

And you know me better than most people do. Hell, you guys? You know things about me that even Sweetie Pie doesn't know about. And we have the kind of marriage where we can tell each other just about everything. You guys laugh at my poop stories, the ones I can't tell him because he just tells me I'm gross. You guys cheer me on when I tell you that I've pooped a perfect turd, shaped like a penis and testicles. You guys throw rotten tomatoes and dirty thongs at Aunt Flo when she keeps insisting on coming to visit.

Then you even come to my real life, sending me coupons for Nutripal bars, like M did a few weeks ago, after I complain about losing mine.

When I started my blog, more than three years ago now, I was just imitating my friend. Never would I have thought that by doing so, I'd just taken a step to finding the coolest people ever.

Thanks for being in my life. Thanks for caring about me and my son. Thanks for rocking the kasbah.

You people? Are what would totally convince the aliens that this planet is an awesome place to be.

Love,

Catwoman.

19 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Yeah. Sorry I was the first commentor and probably freaked you out. Thank God for all your sane friends.

And I'm totally with you on the whole bloggers being great friends thing. Although I may be cursing that bloggers I like lives so freaking far away as I mail out packages today, instead of having the ability to just drop things off.

Glad Little Man is good! And his injury is just a sign that exercise, no matter what your age, is not good for you.

Morgan Leigh said...

i'm so glad that everything is okay with little man!

i know how you feel, too, when bloggers don't comment, i think somehow i've ticked them off or something, because some of them are my closest friends, but i have to remember that they are busy people too.

:)

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

Glad to hear Carolyn thought you were nuts. Man, can that woman intimidate.

Beccy said...

Glad the news is good!

That Chick Over There said...

Awwwwwwww! Feel the love!

Nina Diane said...

so glad to hear Little Man is ok.

and all of that other stuff...the love stuff, it's pretty cool. I had no idea when I started blogging that I would consider unknown people to be my friends. But I daily have to check up on my "blogging buddies".......good friends!

M said...

I'm still waiting for a pic of you with those coupons stapled to your forehead. YOU PROMISED DAMMIT!

That aside I'm glad Little Man is spectacular healthy. I am sorry I missed the panic yesterday. I could've given you a good dose of "DONT BE CRAZY LIKE ME" but it looks like it was covered.

And hell to the yeah on bloggy friends. They are so much better those INTERNET PEOPLE (said n my mother's most horrified voice) than a lot of humans in real life. Who else could I bitch endlessly about my HIL to and have everyone offer up knives to cut her, ya know?

Yeah. We're a lucky group to have blogs with fabulous readers.

And, um, I pink fluffy heart you. On bagels even. (Or on pieces of poop like my artwork looked like the other day. xoxox)

Kellie said...

Stop making me get teary eyed, dammit!!

The truth? I feel the same about my blog beyatches, too!! I use to think I was "odd" in that my closest friends are those that live inside my Gateway. But, I'm not. Your words just confirmed it!!

SO glad Little Man is fine. But, we all know how the mind thinks when we don't know for sure what's going on.

We love you...I love you more than Target!!

Rachel said...

You are too sweet! I second what you said though! It's all very very true. There are some things that I don't put on my blog because a certain ex-wife of a certain husband of mine reads it. And, there are things that I don't want her to know about. But, I know that if I did blog about those things, you guys would be supportive of me.

I am very glad to hear that LM is doing fine!

AndreAnna said...

Thanks - now I have "Rock the Casbah" stuck in my head" GA-REAT.

Seriously, glad LM is okay!

ohio blue eyes said...

the good times, the bad times, I'll be on your side forever more...
thats what friends are for!

you know you were humming it too, go on with your bad self...

Julie said...

AWWWWWWW group hug?

I'm glad (and I told you so!) Little Man would be ok! : )

jesse said...

OMG-I'm so glad that Little Man is ok, I can't imagine how you must have felt. Sending BIG HUGS to Little Man and of course to you too.

Melissa said...

Awesome news!!! Yippy-ki-ai!!

Emma in Canada said...

I tagged you. Sorry.

alissa said...

Okay, I would have offered you all sorts of kind and loving support had I read your post in a timely manner... but sadly no. When you needed me most where was I? Probably cleaning a toilet or something.

I'm trying to say I'm glad everything is a.o.k.!!

CPA Mom said...

So glad he is doing well.

Love this post! Well put. I think that is why meeting bloggers in real life can be so awkward. Here you are, meeting a perfect stranger, that knows more intimate details about you than your priest (or mom, or spouse)!

Blue Momma said...

I loved your post, too! I'm a little late getting to it, but love it the same.

And thanks to you too, for being there when some talking needs to be done. And for not blocking my email address or deleting me from Facebook!

Loukia said...

Sooo glad to hear everything is okay with your little man!!!!!!