Friday, August 03, 2007

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

So I've never gotten to work as late as I have today. Also? Yesterday, I spent the afternoon bouncing from cube to cube and office to office to gossip and giggle. I think it's fair to say that until I return from vacation, my productivity won't exactly be at its highest levels.

Because, in case you haven't gotten the memo, we leave on vacation on Sunday! Hurray!

And I am so freaking excited, that if I got hit by a meteor right now, I would be really, really pissed. Even more than usual.

So I won't be here for the next week, because I'm traveling light. No lap top for me. No blogs for me. No facebook for me (which oh my freaking God! How have I not mentioned yet how addicted I am to Facebook? Everyone I freaking remember from university is on there. And these people? Who I drank with excessively and a few of which I slept with? They're married now! With kids! It's freaking crazy! And they have double chins and lines around their eyes and how in the world did we get old? And somehow, we all have become grow ups with jobs and stuff! It's weird!).

So yeah. I'm cutting myself off from the world. And for a few days, I will hopefully not be driven insane by my mother. My toddler will hopefully not be terrorized too much by a six-foot tall Elmo suit.

Either way, I'm sure I'll have stories when I return.

Be assured, that I will miss you all.

Love,

Catwoman.

20 comments:

Julie said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Tell Elmo hello from us and enjoy all your travels.

Ok, that picture of Little Man in the coat. That is too funny. Does it even get cold enought in TX for a parka?

Blue Momma said...

Elmo.

Punch him in his furry little balls for me. Please?!?

Love the new photo. Obviously taken on vacation because it doesn't get cool enough for clothes in TX, much less a parka.

Blue Momma said...

Thanks a lot.

I can't get that damn song out of my head now. Damn Go Go's.

Rachel said...

I can't wait to hear the stories!! Have a great vacation!!

NeUrOtIc CuRb ChEcKiNg SuV dRiVeR said...

You guys have a cheesesteak for me. Have fun in Philly!

Previous people, it does most certainly get cold enough for a parka. We had snow, what CW, like four times this year?

jesse said...

Love the picture of Little Man, and have fun on your vacation.

M said...

Due to you leaving AND you leaving an obnoxious song in my head I'm going to go ahead and pull out one of Liam's latest and greatest tantrums which include throwing myself to the floor, kicking my legs (making sure to reach YOU with those kicks) shrieking bloody murder, scrunching up my face, and pausing every 10 seconds to make sure I have an audience.

Uh, yeah. Have fun and stuff. *sigh*

Kellie said...

*sigh* You're leaving. I'm sad. But, because you're so spectacular and funny, I'll take comfort in knowing it's not THAT long you'll be away.

Have a wonderful time---eat a lot, drink a lot, have a crapton of fun!!

my minivan is faster than yours said...

You're killing me! But okay. Have a great time. Seriously, don't worry about me. I'll just read the paper again next week, but will totally go back to abandoning it in favor of your blog as soon as you return :)

Beccy said...

Hve a great trip, looking forward to your return.

Blue Momma said...

I was going to email you that ringtone, but I can't find your address.

Hit me and I'll hit you back!
bluemomma2u at gmail dot com

alissa said...

Facebook. Oh my God. It's the entire reason I don't blog near as much as I could, or should. My whole past life, all those people that I secretly googled, why... they're ALL on Facebook. And Holy Shit... say for, well, me, they've all gotten, uhh... OLD.

Will miss you!
Have a terrific vacation!

Chris said...

Have a happy vacation! I've not been around a lot lately but I've missed you!!

Emma in Canada said...

You're going to Seame Park with your mother??? I just spent a week with my mother, and it is a shock that we are still talking. Thank God for the calming influence of my brother.

Elle said...

Have an awesome time!

random_mommy said...

are you back yet? I'm bored.

ohio blue eyes said...

can i just say...its been a hard week without catwoman around. so, so sad. i miss the drama, i miss the humor. I MISS YOU CATWOMAN, HURRY THE HELL BACK FROM SESAME STREET!

Ms. Porter said...

i'm so far behind in my bloggy habit...hope your vacation is/was as good as mine.

myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

Missing you, girl! Welcome home! See ya tomorrow (assumptive)!

ohio blue eyes said...

and just WHERE are you? COME ON ALREADY!!!