Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Heartbreaker

I'm in the car this morning, driving to daycare and work, and the Plain White Tee's song "Hey Delilah" comes on. I'm singing along, and when we get to the chorus, Little Man joins in and sings "OOOOOOOH what you do to me, oooooh what you do to me."

I'm grinning ear to ear and we sing the rest of the song together, as loudly as we can, bopping our heads, like if the love song was some 80's metal song.

The song ends and Little Man applauds.

I turn to him and say "I love you!"

He smiles back and says "I uv you, Daddy!"

I laugh. "No, not daddy! You say 'I love you, MAMA!"

He laughs maniacally. "No! DAH-DEE! I uv you!"

As I shake my head at him, I can picture the trail of broken hearts crushed my future teenager.

Love,

Catwoman.

7 comments:

Julie said...

He's too damn cute. He will be a heartbreaker!

Kellie said...

He's sure to break some little hearts along the way. But, he's cute...and sweet...it's all good :)

PROstud said...

Every time i read your blog i wish even more i was Canadian, living in Texas, and had all of these adventures with Little Man. Little Man is a total pimp!

Rachel said...

Look at him, of course he will be a heartbreaker! Especially if he's calling the girl by the wrong name, but I think he will improve by then!

.. Dallas Meow >^^ said...

I love him too! adorable - and seems like you're my neighbor... howdy neighbor!

Loukia said...

Haha! That is funny... and he is super cute. :) We'll have to arrange a playdate next time you're in O-town.

Elle said...

Ohhhhhhhh that happens here too all the time! LOL.