Thursday, April 19, 2007

This Will Just Confirm What a Dork I am...

So Rachel posted a meme and asked for volunteers to take part too. And of course, me who loves to be included in everything had to jump at the chance. Plus, I figure there are only so many gushy stories about Little Man I can write this week, before you all die choking on your own vomit.

So thank Rachel for the break.

And see the instructions at the end to participate and have me interview you!

1. What do you miss most about Canada? What do you love most about Texas?

I miss the seasons. I miss the bright red and orange leaves in the fall, and the snow and Indian summer. I also miss stupid things, like my favorite Canadian beer (shout out to Sleeman's Cream Ale!) and my favorite fast food places like NY Fries. I also miss the vinegar bottle on tables at every restaurant, because I love me some fries with vinegar, yum yum yum! I also seriously missed socialized healthcare after we had Little Man and we had $12,000 in hospital and doctor's bills!

In Texas, I love the warmth of the people. One of the first times I came to Dallas to see Sweetie Pie, we were driving through his neighborhood and people kept waving at him. Finally, I asked him "do you know them?" And he said "no... they're just being friendly." At first I thought it was kind of bizarre. But now, I love it. I also love that on day three when I was here, the truck Sweetie Pie's parents broke down by the airport at 11 p.m. and a man stood with me at the gas station for the entire hour it took for someone to come rescue me. Even though I insisted he go home to his wife, he said he couldn't leave me by myself like that. I'm not saying that people in Canada aren't friendly, because they are, but people in the South blow us Canucks out of the water.

I also love the fact that right now, my family's buried in tons of snow, and I'm sitting here in a short sleeved shirt, and I didn't bring a jacket.

2. What is the one thing (thing, not person) you could not live without?

Man, that's hard... My gut instinct says chocolate, because a life without chocolate would not be worth living. The only other thing I can think of is any kind of lip suff like Blistex or Carmex, because my lips get dry and cracked if I don't use the stuff religiously. Sweetie Pie says I'm addicted, and maybe I am. But out of all the addictions to have, really, there's got to be worse than Blistex!

3. What made you start blogging?

Honestly? It's really lame. My friend Martini Gal told me she had a blog, about three years ago now. I didn't even know there was such a thing. And when I read hers I was all like "I want a blog too!"

Because I'm a big believer in being a sheep. And if my friends jumped off a bridge, hell yeah I'd jump off with them. Because who wants to be a wet blanket?

4. If you could do any job in the world, what job would you choose and why?

Growing up, I always wanted to be a veterinarian. I wanted it more than anything in the world. But I'm not that good at math, so that didn't work out so good. Plus, my vet had to manually empty my 17 year-old cat's colon a couple of years back and that's when I decided that PR was a much better route for me.

The only other job I think I'd love now is to be some kind of celebrity where people throw me free stuff all the time. And apparently, then I wouldn't have to wear underwear, which would save me oh-so-much money on Tide.

5. What's your top 5?

Oh the options on this one, it really makes me giddy... The top 5 guys who I could sleep with if I had the chance and get a free pass would be:

1. Tom Brady


2. McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy. But only if he was McSteamy and treated me like dirt. Yeah, I know, I have issues.


3. Paul Walker

He really should be on the list more than once, what with being Paul Walker and all.



4. David Beckham

I know, I know. He's married to Victoria for crying out loud. And sometimes, he looks like absolute crap. But I'd totally sleep with the hot David. And he can text me dirty messages anytime.



5. Jude Law

If you'd asked me last week, he totally wouldn't have been on my list. But this past weekend, I watched The Holiday, with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz, and now I am totally and madly in love with the man. Even if he did sleep with the nanny.



Apparently I really, really like blondes, is what I'm figuring...

And Rachel threw in an extra question, because she was asked #5 and apparently felt it wasn't a real question if it had already been asked.:

6. Would you ever (have you ever) have plastic surgery? If so, what kind?

I've been accused many a times of having fake boobs. For the record, they're real. I got these suckers when I was 18 after I did a lot of praying for boobs. Apparently God has a sense of humor and is willing to answer my prayers for boobs, but not world peace.

So no, I have not gotten plastic surgery, even though I would get my nose done in a heartbeat if I had the money and the cajones to do it. I'm just too chicken that it would look worse though.

But once I'm done having kids, I will seriously be looking at getting a tummy tuck and some liposuction. Because I wouldn't mind looking hot and working out is so much freaking work. And yes, I'm shallow.

So that's my answers!

Here are the rules, if any of you want me to turn into Barbara Walters and ask you questions that will make you cry and reveal your innermost thoughts.

1. If you want to do this meme, leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (If I don't have your email address already, either leave it in the comment or email me at catwoman.in.texas@gmail.com)

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

And that's all there is to it. Easy, right?

10 comments:

Beccy said...

OK I think I get the rules, are the questions the same for each person or do you have to ask different questions? Assuming of course that more than one person wants to do this.

I'm up for the challenge (please, pretty please be nice to me with regards the questions).

Btw I've never heard of mint jelly. Fruit Jelly yes, mint sauce yes, is it a combination of the two? I'm intrigued...

That Chick Over There said...

I love your answers!

And yes, I will send you questions! :)

jesse said...

OMG David Beckham is sooooo hot, did I mention that he is hot.

Kellie said...

Woo Fricken HOO to Paul Walker!! He's SO on my own list...I love him. A whole crapton. :)

beebop said...

count me in on the interview, all though i have a feeling you're going to make me finish the thinking blogger post first...i hate homework assignments but i do love surveys!

Emma in Canada said...

Oh me too! Me too!! I'm so pathetic. I just received two today, but I do love answering questions. I should have done much better in school.

And David Beckham? Ewwww.

And Jude Law? Double eeewww.

I think you just like slimy English men. And guys that leave their pregnant girlfriends.

Beccy said...

I'm with Emma on the eeewww's, give me an Irishman anytime!

Rachel said...

I loved your answers!!! When you figure out how to get the celebrity getting free stuff job, dude, send me an email!

Catwoman said...

Hey, it's not like these are guys I'm going to MARRY!

They're just fun on the side.

But I guess it goes to show, that I never did get completely out of my system guys that treat me badly, since every guy on my list has done some naughty, naughty things.

Alyssa said...

Imiss fries and vinigar so much! With a side of gravy to dip! Also ketchuo chips. People from Canada are not alloud to visit me without bringing a case of ketchup chips and aero bars!