Thursday, February 08, 2007

Farts and Beds

So I'm wearing a pair of new shoes today. These are new because I've never worn them before, but they were actually one of the two pairs of shoes I got from Aldo while I was in Canada. This pair is open-toed, they're high and gorgeous and I've been stopped twice today by people who were in awe of the fantasticness that are my shoes.

One problem. The left one farts. I'm not kidding. Don't laugh, it's not funny. It's hard to feel sexy when every other step you take, this pffff sound comes out of your shoe.

Why this sound is being made, I don't know. All I know is that if someone said to me "hey, walk with me," I'd reply "oh, no thanks, I think I'll just sit here and wait for you to return."

I think this is God's way of punishing me for wearing open-toe shoes when it's 40 degrees outside. But it was warm and balmy earlier this week, so I thought that today it would still be warm and balmy.

But it is not.

And now my shoe farts.

And now, dear reader, I am going to ask for your input. Because my blog hero Dooce has posted about transitioning her daughter in a toddler bed and happened to post a link to where she purchased hers, I, looking to kill time until I can go pick up the Little Man, decided that I too should look into purchasing a toddler bed. Because I always said that I would do this between the age of 18 and 22 months. And Little Man is now 17 months and 6 days old, so the window is closing fast.

So I am including pictures of toddler beds I love. Which one of these do you think I should purchase, if money were no object.

So here is Option #1.



This bed says "hey, I'm never too young to fall asleep at the wheel."

Option #2



This bed says "I'm serious about this sleeping thing."

Option #3



This bed says "I may be approaching my second birthday, but I'm still fun and whimsical."

So readers, what do you think?

Love,

Catwoman.

7 comments:

MartiniGal said...

I really like option 3 for its whimsy. But, I like option 2 for its practicality for growth.

susan said...

It may just be my cheapness, but Katie is going into a twin size bed when the time comes. Either the mattress will go directly on the floor or I'll buy a railing to go on one side. I also plan on keeping her in her crib as long as possible. It's work getting your kid to stay in bed when it's not built like a cell. :)

Beccy said...

I love the third one but would guess that a little boy would love the first one, I know my boys would. As the the second to put it politely, not my cup of tea.

Farting shoes eh? My hubby would be impressed!

random_mommy said...

who cares what we like!!!?! Little man will like the car!

I once had a farting shoe, took it to a cobbler... he tried twice, but you just can't quiet a farting shoe. you should call the manufacturer, maybe you can get more farting shoes for free!

Adam Presley said...

I must agree with a previous reponse. The first bed would be the one the boy will like. :) The second is certainly practical, but the first is coolest.

Catwoman said...

Well, considering this bed is only until 50 pounds, at least he won't be sleeping in a car bed when he's 15 and sneaking girls in. I can get him a normal bed when he's older.

I can get free shoes for having a farting shoe???? Freaking KICK ASS! I'm writing every manufacturer and telling them my shoe farts!

Emma in Canada said...

My two oldest went straight to twin beds. Saoirse has a toddler bed she has spent an entire 3 hours in. It was a waste of money, methinks.

I like number 1. But number 3 has an entire line from IKEA that's very fitting. Is it from IKEA?