Monday, February 19, 2007

Because It's All About Meme and Me

So too many people I read have done this Meme now, so I feel like I should too. Because I'm a sucker for peer pressure, even when it's not really there. You people probably know more about me than my own husband at this point. And definitely more than my mother.

1. Are your parents married or divorced? surprisingly, still married. I kept hoping they'd divorce when I was a kid, so that I could choose to live with my dad. I still feel bad about that. Although, even as an adult, I think it would have been better to live with my dad. I wouldn't have had a 9 p.m. curfew at 17 in college if my parents had divorced.

2. Are you a vegetarian?

Not currently, but I was for a summer when I was 18. I still feel bad eating meat, but I really love it. Although, I haven't eaten any veal since I was 17. I hate the way the calves are treated, it's too cruel and horrible. So at least I've stuck with that.

3. Do you believe in Heaven?

I don't know. To me, it sounds like a great story, but too good to be true, you know? Why someone like me who believes every claim infomercials make can't have faith is mind boggling. There's a big part of me that wishes I could just take that leap and believe. I know Sweetie Pie sure as hell (oops, sorry!) wishes I did, because he's convinced that my lack of faith means that I won't go to heaven. I believe that my being a good person would guarantee me a spot if there is such a thing, but apparently that's not how it works.

4. Have you ever come close to dying?

Yeah, a few times. I'm like a cat. There's that time when I was four years old and a lady tried to kidnap me and almost got me out of the department store, but my mom saw my boots and yelled my name, so the lady threw me out of her trenchcoat. Who knows if she would have actually killed me or was just some crazy lady who wanted a kid of her own.

Then there's the time I was nine, when I was running with my friend around her underconstruction pool. Her Great Dane was also running around the pool with us. I was on the edge, he ran past me, wagged his big tale and I fell to the bottom of the empty deep end. The doctor said the fact I was wearing a sundress saved my life, because it acted as a parachute. So instead, I got two really mangled knees and calves.

Then there's the time I was 14 and my mom gave me a Contac C cold medication pill to help with a cold. I woke up in the middle of the night because I couldn't breathe. Not from being congested, from my throat closing because of an allergic reaction to the medicine. I sat there, totally unpanicked for some reason kind of thinking "crap, why can't I breathe" and all of a sudden, I started breathing again. The next day, my whole face had puffed up and when my mom rushed me to the hospital, the doctor asked me if I'd had other symptoms and I said "oh yeah, I stopped breathing last night." He was horrified and my mom asked why I didn't wake her. I told her that she was working hard and I didn't want to interrupt her sleep. The doctor said that people who go under ana-whatever shock hardly ever live without medical intervention.

Then there's the two times I was on planes that caught on fire as a flight attendant.

Then there's the whole having my whole body shut down because of my pregnancy and not even being able to have an epidural because I would have bled to death and being potentially minutes or hours away from having a stroke or going into a coma.

So really, I don't think I have too many cat lives left. You won't catch me playing Russian Roulette. And I think I'm reconsidering my wanting to go bungee jumping and sky diving goals.

5. What jewelery do you wear 24/7?

The new bracelet Sweetie Pie gave me for Christmas. But only because it's impossible for me to take off by myself. Even though it gets in the way for hand jobs. Sorry, that's probably too much information.

6. Favourite time of day?

When I pick up Little Man from daycare. When he runs to me going "Ahhhhhhh!" and throws himself at me in the biggest bear hug, the whole world could implode and I wouldn't care.

7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?

Yeah, but the question is, how often do I eat broccoli? Which is about once in a blue moon.

8. Do you wear makeup?

During the week, yes. Because I'm pretty scary looking without it. On the weekends, only if we're going out to eat. Otherwise, I don't care what people in the grocery store think of me.

9. Have you ever had plastic surgery?

No, despite many a rumor about me saying that I've had my boobs done. They're natural. The fact that they sag without a good bra should be proof at this point. I was a size 2 with big boobs in my younger days. What's it to ya?

10. If you did, what would you do?

Man, where to start... I'd definitely have my nose done, because I hate, hate, hate my profile. I''d also have a tummy tuck and lots, lots of liposuction. And I'd probably have my boobs lifted so that people could once again wonder if they're fake.

11. What do you wear to bed?

Depends on the season. Right now, my black yoga pants with my black "Canadian Girls Kick Ass" t-shirt. This is why I'm known as a sex symbol around the world people.

12. Have you ever done anything illegal?

That could be a list of its own. I mean, nothing too horrific really. Just a little smoking of things and a little underaged drinking and shoplifting a couple of lipglosses and drinking when I was probably close to the limit if not a smidgen over.

13. Can you roll your tongue?

Nope, I can't. But Little Man can since Sweetie Pie can, which caused even more issues when we tried to breastfeed.

14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows?

I do, but not because I want to. I do it only when my eyebrows are turning into Bert's.

15. What kind of sneakers?

I don't even know, it's been so long since I've worn them. I'm more into buying them for Little Man. He's got some New Balance and some Nikes. And his really cute Tip Toey Joey ones, that I just got him the 18 months size ones.

16. Do you believe in abortions?

This is such a hard one... Before Little Man, I was definitely more for it than I am now. Would I have ever had one? I don't know, it depends, I highly doubt it though. I don't want abortions to be illegal though, because I believe in a woman's right to choose. And when you hear of 15 year old victims of incest forced to have abortions because of ridiculous laws, it's enough to throw me into a rage. My sister had an abortion, and I know it was the hardest decision she ever made. Is she over it? I doubt it. But I know some women use it as a form of birth control, and that, I can't fathom. Those women should just tie their tubes, because really, they should never be allowed to be mothers.

17. What is your hair colour?

It's definitely brown. I went through a blonde phase, but my family said I just didn't pull it off. So now I'm brown.

18. Future child's name?

There's a list on the fridge right now with too many options for boys and girls to list here. So I don't know. I won't know until after today if I even SHOULD have future children, so let's start with that.

19. Do you snore?

I don't think I do. If Sweetie Pie complained about me snoring, I wasn't paying attention.

20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?

Definitely Australia. Until I've been there, I can't think of anywhere else to say.

21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?

Uhm, no. I'm not five. I do however sleep with two live animals. One furry man and one black lab puppy. Our other dog sleeps in our closet, because he likes to be as far away as possible from us, ever since Little Man was an infant and would wake up constantly screaming his little infant face off.

22. If you won the lottery what would you do first?

Pay off our credit card debt. And then have one hell of an expensive dinner at some fancy restaurant.

23. Gold or silver?

I don't like yellow gold. So definitely white gold or platinum.

24. Hamburger or hotdog?

Depends. Only Hebrew National Hot Dogs, because they're made with beef meat, not weird parts, unlike other hot dogs. And hamburgers, only if they're from Steak and Shake or McDonald's. I don't like big fat burgers. That's just too much meat.

25. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?

Oh God. That's a hard one. I guess I'd say Cadbury milk chocolate with hazelnuts in it. Because I'd hate to think I'd have to do without that for the rest of my life if I said something else. Or else, it would be sushi. Or real croissants from France. Or goat cheese. There's too many things I love to have to just stick to one.

26. City, beach, or country?

I guess I'd say beach. But not to raise a baby. Definitely city to raise a baby. Although, as far as cities, I'm thinking more of a Toronto, Vancouver or San Francisco than a Dallas. But this is where I am and unless things change, it'll probably be where I die.

27. What was the last thing you touched.

My water bottle. Trying to drink enough water to convince my stomach that we're not really starving to death.

28. Where did you eat last?

At home, in front of CNN. Had some Special K with chocolate.

29. When was the last time you cried?

Grey's Anatomy on Thursday. I'm a sucker for that show.

30. Do you read blogs?

Duh. Who has a blog and doesn't read others? You'd have to be a pretty damn self-absorbed person.

31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?

I'm not sure what this means. I don't go out with a fake mustache or anything. I do wear Sweetie Pie's shirts ever so often, but I only go to the grocery store like that.

32. Have you ever been involved with the police?

Uhm, not really, no. I did get pulled over once for speeding. I've never dated a cop. Always wanted to. I did make out with a firefighter once and he ended up stalking me really bad, so I don't think men in uniforms are right for me. Sexy, but not for me.

33. What's your favourite shampoo, conditioner and soap?

I'm not too picky. Whatever I have a coupon for and smells nice. But I only like liquid body soap.

34. Do you talk in your sleep?

Yes I do. This is one of the many reasons I'd never have an affair.

35. Ocean or pool?

I like the ocean, but only when it's somewhere beautiful like Aruba or the Virgin Islands. I'm an ocean snob.

36. Sauna or whirlpool?

I don't get the whole sauna thing. But I'm not a huge whirlpool person either. Sitting in water sweating with a bright red face is not my idea of sexiness.

37. Starbucks or Krispy Kreme?

Yes and yes. At Starbucks, the Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel is oh so yummy. And the Vanilla Bean frozen something Creme or other is freaking addictive!

38. Window seat or aisle?

Window. I love to watch the world when we take off and land. And now that I have the Little Man, window even more, because he loves it even more than I do.

39. Ever met anyone famous?

Yeah, a few people. Mainly from when I worked at the TV station. Like Joshua Jackson, from Dawson's Creek. He's Canadian by the way. And super tall. And hot. And was really nice back then, but it was before he'd made it "big."

40. Do you feel you've had a truly successful life?

Well, I'm only 31, so I don't know. I think I'm doing ok. I have a good job that pays well, a great kid and my relationship is fine after almost five years of marriage. All three of these things means I'm doing better than 99 percent of Hollywood (even if I'm not rich like them)

41. Do you twirl or cut your spaghetti?

Definitely twirling. Although I'm not able to do it in a beautiful way.

42. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey?

Since Oprah is a little too full of herself right now, I'm going to steal someone else's answer and say Ellen. All the way. Love her, want to be her friend.

43. Basketball or football?

Uhm... Neither? If I have to be forced to watch one or else I'll be killed, than I'll go for football because those pants are TIGHT! And Tom Brady's hot.

44. How long do your showers last?

No matter how quick I try to make them, they're never under 15 minutes. Although, when Little Man was born, I had it down to a science and could shower in about 2 minutes flat. But my hair would never get washed then and I was doing basic grooming.

45. Automatic or stick?

Definitely automatic. I am not a good driver and driving an automatic is hard enough already. It took Sweetie Pie many-a-tries in Europe to teach me to drive a shift and even then, I didn't go that far when I had it down because it terrified me.

46. Cake or ice cream?

Uhm... Why choose just once? Although it depends on the cake. No fruit filling please. Why ruin a perfectly good fattening cake with something that's supposed to be a little healthy? Also depends on the ice cream. Although, I do love most. Except for rum raisin, the nastiest flavor ever invented. Just the thought of it makes me want to throw up.

47. Are you self conscious?

Oh so very much. Not enough to get all decked out when I run errands, but enough to always wonder if people are talking badly about me.

48. Have you ever drank so much you threw up?

A few times, but not excessively. I used to be one tough cookie when it came to drinking. When I was in Spain for the summer, I got to the point where I could outdrink most of the Irish boys. They were very impressed. Of course, all that drinking did lead to much making out with said boys, including my best friend from Ireland, Sean, who I then avoided like the plague because I was 18 and immature and didn't want to deal with the repercussions of my actions.

49. Have you ever given money to a beggar?

Yes I have, although I hardly ever anymore, simply because I never have cash. My sister and I once gave our entire allowances to this girl who was probably in her late teens and had this sad looking dog. We crossed paths with her again half an hour later and she was walking out of a store with a carton of cigarettes. We were 11 and 8 and really devastated by the experience.

50. Have you ever been in love?

Yes. Four times now. Five, if you count Little Man.

51. Where do you wish you were?

In a place where chocolate and donuts make you skinny instead of fat.

52. Are you wearing socks?

Nuh-huh. It's warm enough today that I felt I could wear open-toed shoes.

53. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?

Knock on wood, nope.

54. Can you tango?

Hahaha! I can barely stand without falling. And I'm a white girl. I ain't got no rythm people.

55. What was the last gift you received?

A $40 iTunes card from Sweetie Pie for Valentine's Day. Which was $20 more than I expected, so I was excited!

56. What was the last sport you played?

Oh God... No idea... Uhm... I played on the Softball team at a software company I worked at a few years ago. And I got hit by the ball right in the knee cap when I was playing the catcher position. I'm sure I cursed a lot.

I totally forgot about that until right now.

57. What things do you spend a lot of money on?

Just about anything that isn't latched down at Target or just about any other store. And baby clothes, love, love, love baby clothes. Love baby girl clothes more, but hey, he's a boy, so I do what I can with what I've got.

58. Where do you live?

Right now? In a cubicle. At home, in a house filled with pets and baby toys. It's my piece of heaven.

59. Where were you born?

Lyon, France.

60. Last wedding attended?

My sister-in-law's wedding a month after I gave birth to the Little Man. And I was a bridesmaid and looked fat, fat, fat. Ugh. Hate all the pictures of myself that day.

61. Apparently there is no 61.

62. Favourite position? Depends for what. For eating, I like to sit. For sleeping, I like to lay down. For walking, I like to stand.

63. What is your most hated food? Bottled salad dressing. EEK!

64. What is your most hated pop? Fresca. Tastes like Mr. Clean or something. Disgusting!

65. Can you sing? Define "sing." I sing constantly to myself, in the car, to Little Man. In my head, I sound just like Kelly Clarkson. But Sweetie Pie claims I sound like a dying coyote.

66. Who was the last person you instant messaged? I haven't instant messaged anyone today. And no one's IM'd me (bastards!). So I guess it's a coworker of mine on Friday.

67. Where was the last place you went on holiday? I guess Canada to see my folks, although I wouldn't call that a holiday.

68. Favourite regular drink? Depends... I love me some coffee with coffee mate, my current obsession. I also love tea with milk.

69. Favourite current song? Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" To the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left.

70. Tag 3 people. I'm too tired to run.

6 comments:

random_mommy said...

Your name "Catwoman" seems SOOOO appropriate after reading that. I'm so glad you're still alive.

Emma in Canada said...

Oh god small things amuse me. I laughed and laughed at 70. I keep meaning to post the question for 61, but I'm still not sure if it's one I'm willing to answer.

beebop said...

YOU MET PACEY! OMG!
So what were you doing under that ladies coat, anyways?

Beccy said...

I hope you have more than nine lives, that's a fair few near misses!

Catwoman said...

I'll need to post about the trenchcoat incident one of these days. Although, I remember it from the perspective of a four year-old. I don't think it was until I was 15 or 16 that I really started believing my mother and not my memories of the incident. But just to summarize it here, she told me she was going to help me find my mom and then tucked me in the trench coat she was wearing and proceeded to walk towards the exit with me hidden that way.

random_mommy said...

61. is back in action. answer up you slag!