Monday, November 06, 2006

I Suspect He Might Cut The Satellite Cables After Yesterday

A few weeks ago, Sweetie Pie asked me if I'd stopped loving him. Particularly, he asked me why I was no longer attracted to him.

This broke my heart, because if anything, I love Sweetie Pie more now than I did when we got married. I love him not only for the man he is, but when I see him with the Little Man, I know that I can spend the rest of my life with him and never ever have second thoughts about our commitment.

We used to have a pretty good sex life. We weren't one of those couples who did it all the time, we'd kind of fallen into a comfortable twice-a-week routine, but for crying out loud, I sell sex toys and sex manuals, so those twice-a-week sessions were pretty darn good!

But I have to admit, that since the pregnancy, I have been slacking in the wifely duties category. Some pregnant women have raging hormones that make them horny all the time. I was not one of them. All I craved when I was big and pregnant was sleep and tortilla chips with sour cream. Everything else could go to hell as I was concerned.

Then Little Man was born and I was told I couldn't have sex for six weeks. This was the equivalent of telling me that I could eat my weight in chocolate and not get fat: total bliss.

Then Little Man was a nightmare newborn who was up every two hours for the first three months, so both Sweetie Pie and I were too sleep-deprived to let our hormones bait us into any physical contact.

But eventually, life went back to normal and I was out of excuses. Yet, I still had no interest in sex. Some days, I felt like I could go the rest of my life without sex and be completely fine. And so, I went from being the woman who initiated almost every session of sex, to hubby waiting and waiting for me to show any interest.

Once, I even pretended to be asleep when he put the moves on me. I'm not proud of this, but give me a break, ok?

But when Sweetie Pie whispered in the dark, painfully asking me for reassurance that our marriage wasn't over, my heart completely broke. And I decided that it was time to get back on the horse so to speak.

I have to admit that it was a little like doing laundry. I hate doing laundry and will watch our hamper overflow more every day and eventually get down to my period panties and realize that I'm three days away from having to go commando. And once I do the laundry, I realize it's not so bad.

And so I've worked hard the last couple of weeks to have sex with my husband again. I know it shouldn't feel like a chore, but I swear that the baby sapped every drop of estrogen out of me, because I am never horny anymore. But the good news is that I'm getting into the habit again.

Yesterday, our satellite went out because of a really bad rainstorm. And so I took matters into my own hands, since there was nothing else to do. I seduced my husband. And he was so freaking grateful, that you'd think I'd given him the world.

I promise to give him the world at least twice a week now until the day I die. Whether I feel like it or not.

Love,

Catwoman.

3 comments:

random_mommy said...

I know this phenomenon... why the men seem to think that all is well once the baby is out is beyond me.

Twice a week?!? Don't tell my Husband... he'll get jealous.

Catwoman said...

It's a lofty goal... Don't hold me to it!

susan said...

I hope my hubby doesn't read your blog! He and I also have the no sweet lovin' issues we are working on - but twice a week?! Is that EVERY week? ;) My man should try the sad, hurt approach. It works much better than the angry man approach. He says - fine - you aren't attracted me! I won't hit on you ever, and we'll just never have sex. Hmmm. Ok. I guess no sex for us then (until I want more babies). duh.