Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Scaring Teenagers Everywhere Away From Sex and Alcohol

Our grocery store always has a teenager or very old man who's too broke to retire push your cart to your car and load up your groceries for you. This is because their shopping carts are their equivalent to the Hope Diamond and they don't want you running off with them. At least that's what the cynic in me has decided. But they're probably trying to be service oriented really.

The other day, a teenage boy was pushing the Little Man in the cart towards the car and we were making small talk. As we got to the car and he was loading my groceries, he noticed that I'd bought two six-packs of beer and a bottle of wine.

"Wow," he said. "You're having a party tonight, aren't you."

Awkward silence.

"Uhm, actually I'm not."

Awkward silence back.

"Oh."

I take Little Man out of the cart, laugh and say:

"Yesterday, I saw a baby t-shirt online that said 'Mama drinks because I cry,' haha!"

Blank confused stare from teenager.

Love,

Catwoman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even have kids, but I love that! Two six packs and a bottle of wine is a party? What kind of lame lightweight is this kid?

Koree said...

THAT is a funny story. Too bad I do drink because they cry. That's sad. :-)

-Koree