Friday, September 22, 2006

This One's For Emma in Canada

Emma in Canada had this on her blog and since she comments on my blog regularly even though we don't actually know each other (this may come as a shock to some of you Americans who think that we know all Canadians "you're Canadian? Do you know Bob and Sue?") but she mentioned that she's not tagging, but hoping that those bloggers she reads will do this little questionnaire. I feel like I'd be a bad blogger if I didn't, so here goes!

1. How often do you blog? Whenever I have something to say. Here's a secret... There are days where I've written two, three or even four posts on "exciting" days. Then I hoard them like the Rolos in my desk drawer and put them up one at a time for the next few days. That way you don't go a week without reading a lame post from me.

2. Online Alias: It's Canadian Thoughts in Texas. Which is kind of funny, because my thoughts are rarely about Canada on here. So I guess I sleep at night, despite writing a misleading blog.

3. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? Once that I can really remember, simply because I was in school at the time and so was pretty damn young to get involved. A mother started browbreating her four or five-year old son for touching a cheap purse in a department store. She just kept yelling at the poor kid, calling him names on and on until I had to do something. So I told her that was enough and she had no right to treat a child like that and humiliate him in public. She got really pissed at me and we went at it for a few minutes. But at least she picked on someone who was more of her size.

4. What do you do most often when you are bored? Surf the Web, check all my peeps' blogs, watch TV.

5. When bathing, what do you wash first? I wash my hair every other day, so on those days, my hair. On the other day, my face.

6. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? I was awake for pretty much three months straight when I went to Spain for the summer. My schedule was go to school, go to the beach, come home, shower, change, eat with host family, party until first subway at 6:30 a.m., go home, shower and start all over again. I have no idea why I'm not dead. And I'm pretty sure that when Playa' was first born, that I went a few nights straight without a wink of sleep. Or it may have just felt that way because I'm old now.

7. What color looks best on you? I have no clue... Blue jeans, but not as a shirt, only as pants.

8. What’s your favorite drink? Mojitos. If I were an alcoholic, I'd drink them all day. Non-alcoholic, I'm kind of hooked on Kool Aid these days. Can't explain it, except for the fact that my French parents would have never purchased such a horrible despicable drink and now that I've had a taste of it, it makes the four-year old in me happy.

9. Do you believe in heaven and hell as a real place that each of us will go to after death? I don't know... I know that's bad to say and Sweetie Pie thinks I'm going to hell for saying so. But when priests go to prisons to "cleanse the souls" of serial killers I'm thinking "what??? Now he gets to go to heaven even though he's the scum of the Earth?" And then they'd tell you that your baby couldn't go to heaven if it wasn't baptized. That whole skewed Catholic view has made me unsure if the concept of heaven is just the carrot on the end of the stick to keep us in line. I know, way too polarizing for a blog.

10. Do you find that you have more online friends than offline friends? No. I'm not sure at what point you call someone who's blog you comment on a friend. There are definitely people I think I would get on with in real life though.

11. What was your favorite subject in school? I used to love, love, love school when I was young. It didn't matter what the subject was, I was just happy to be there! Except for math once I got to high school. Algebra and calculus are stupid useless skills that you don't need when you're going to be a veterinarian. Got that stupid college entrance people?

12. Are you a perfectionist? Hahahaha! Who, me? If I were a perfectionist, I'd probably be a suicidal one, because I don't have it in me to ever start something and get it finished. Right now the kitchen's a mess, a Toys R' Us exploded in our living room, my son is in mismatched pj's because Sweetie Pie put him to bed himself last night while I was out and I'm a month and a half behind on my scrapbooking. I used to be a perfectionist when I was a kid. And then when I grew up, I figured out "why bother????" If people are going to judge me on this crap, then I say screw 'em!

13. Do you spend more than you can afford? Judging from the amount on our credit cards right now, yes.

14. Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have love before? Absolutely! I remember my two biggest losses. I still remember the raw pain. But to never have loved that much? Unimaginable!

15. Do you consider yourself creative? I think I am. I'm in a semi-creative industry and my first PR agency kept telling me at all brainstorms that I needed to get back in the box, so apparently some think I'm too creative.

16. Do you give yourself the credit you deserve? I've learned to accept me for who I am. But I wouldn't say I go around patting myself on the back all the time. Although I did celebrate my not dropping Playa' once in almost 13 months.

17. Do you donate to charities? Yes, when I can. I'm a sucker for those letters that tell me the world's going to end if I don't give at least 10 dollars.

18. Have you recently done something that you’ve criticized others for doing? Hell yeah! When I became a mother, I had all these rules about how I was going to raise my son. I never criticized anyone to their face, because I couldn't do that in a million years, but I did do it in my head. A lot. And then I found out that motherhood is really, really hard, and everyone's just doing what they can to survive. And that pacifiers, formula and co-sleeping are not the terrible things I had made them out to be in my head. Now, I don't judge anyone. I never, ever say "I will never do that with my child."

19. What’s on your mind? I wish my thumb would stop throbbing so much so I can go to sleep...

20. Say one nice thing about the people you are going to tag! I don't tag. It's too much work. All the running, the arm-reaching. So not worth it.

Love,

Catwoman.

No comments: